Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-03-2010, 06:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Well, another issue with the changing of the exhaust tips. I took my sketch and checked the hole placements and nothing lined up. Not even from the center of the pipe out to the three holes.
Reason is because your replacing a rubber dealio that is a 3" dia pipe with a 6" dia flange and putting in a 3" dia pipe with a 5" dia flange. It can be done but it will not be as easy as I thought. All 8 holes need to be filled and avoided with the 3 new holes. And I dont even know how these are attached. Anyone know if these are bolt through with a nut on the other end??

New pictures:
Attached Images

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I have my exhaust out right now with the floor. I am doing a cam replacement going on with another post. I will go look bc I will be putting some things back together tomorrow at the boat storage. I will let you know the 100% answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-06-2010, 09:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 X Star
If your boat is anything like mine, those are simply pointy screws, not bolts. I'm working through some of the same issues with my exhaust system at the moment. Thanks for the great thread so far.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I have my exhaust out right now with the floor. I am doing a cam replacement going on with another post. I will go look bc I will be putting some things back together tomorrow at the boat storage. I will let you know the 100% answer.
Kyle, any luck with confirming the screw type and what Josh said??

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Kyle, any luck with confirming the screw type and what Josh said??
They are stainless screws. (Some would call them, wood screws. http://www.stainless-fasteners.com/Sharx.htm

1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.

Last edited by etduc; 06-02-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM
MC Maniac

Well went to the Marina last night to pick up my new Fuel Sensor and Thermostat and talked to them about the exhaust tips. They said they could do the work in about an hour if I pull the tank, which I HAD pulled last night when I was talking to them (not anymore). A bit longer if they need to move the tank, which to me took 10 minutes. Anyway, they said as long as the new flange covers the existing holes we can just fill those with a specific sealer (that doesn't get hard) and drill some new smaller holes for the new screws and then chamfer the hole with a bigger bit to prevent gel coat cracking when you tighten the screws.

Still undecided.......

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Past: 1994 PS 205 --> Now: Nothing
So, as it stands now, there are no stainless tips on the market that fit the 94 PS 205 existing flange hole pattern??

"Magna opera Domini exquisita in omnes voluntates ejus" - James Clerk Maxwell, physics pioneer, 1874
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak View Post
So, as it stands now, there are no stainless tips on the market that fit the 94 PS 205 existing flange hole pattern??
Not that I am aware of, but I only looked at the two places suggested by people on here. Remember, the ones that come on MC's are only a 3 hole flange so I doubt they have anything either.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastecraft Prostar 190, Powerslot, 351 Windsor
Guys....Check with Teague Custom Mariine out in California. I just got a set of custom tips that he made and the customer bailed out. He can make anything you want. Mine are 3.5" with a 6" flange with three holes. He could of made me 3" with either a blank or 8 hole flange but I opted to take the ones he had since I can make them work. I'll get some pics posted once they arrive.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by learjet2230 View Post
Guys....Check with Teague Custom Mariine out in California. I just got a set of custom tips that he made and the customer bailed out. He can make anything you want. Mine are 3.5" with a 6" flange with three holes. He could of made me 3" with either a blank or 8 hole flange but I opted to take the ones he had since I can make them work. I'll get some pics posted once they arrive.
That's awesome!! Anyone particular you talked to? Phone # or e-mail?? Did it come with the internal flapper??
I understand your situation but I would choose the 3" pipe with the 6" flange and 8 holes. No extra filling and drilling...

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar