Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 AM
mcwakester12

Best MC Surf Boat?

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on Teamtalk so I apologize if I am not familiar with everything that goes on here. I wanted to get some opinions because I have been looking around and I think its about time to upgrade to a new boat. I have a 2001 X-Star and have loved the boat for a number of years, but my family and I have begun surfing more than just about anything else and I wanted to get a boat that would put out the best wave possible. In my research I have gotten my choices down to an X-35 or an X-45, but I have to say that this new X-25 looks pretty intriguing. If you were to purchase one of these with your main intent being to get the best possible wakesuf wave what would you pick?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
I know its not one of your choices, but the X55 has the best surf wake I've ever seen. MYMC has pics of his that he might post for you. It is one huge wake.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 02-14-2010, 11:20 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
I'll vote for surf the wake on the 45 long before the 35. I have surfed both with and without ballast, same amount of weight in the boat and there was no comparison between the two.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 205V
X25 will be way better than the 35 or 45...of course I think the 35 is light years ahead of a 45 so what do I know.

As has been posted before the X55 takes the crown in this battle.

Les Grossman
Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 XSTAR
Great question...was thinking about this the other day myself. I plan to take the opportunity this season to get a feel between the X25/X35/X45 as there are a couple onwater boat shows this year.

My experience:
Own '04 XSTAR...not great surf wake
Friend owns a CSX (same hull as X25)...surf wake is ok, but still not great

non-MC I have a buddy with a Centurion Enzo and wow, no comaprison (factory ballast it's sick)...there are a lot of other things outside of the surf wake that I'm not a fan of however.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-Star, Red and Black, L18
my frined has an 07 X30 and the wave is good. i believe it could be REALLY good if he would put some weight in it. towels and blankets, however, don't contribute much towards ballast. of course, i understand his line of reasoning. you have to always be prepared for that occasional "over-the-bow rouge wave".

"Tropic corridor, tropic treasure. What got us this far to this mild equator? We need someone, something new....something else to get us through" (James Douglas Morrison/The Doors)
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Other
Wake surfing should be banned nation wide. It destroys lives, small boats , and glassy waters. If you want to surf, there is plenty of ocean shoreline with more than adequate waves throughout our beautiful country USA. Leave the lakes and rivers for those of us who enjoy watersports that actually require skill and energy.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettmeknow View Post
Wake surfing should be banned nation wide. It destroys lives, small boats , and glassy waters. If you want to surf, there is plenty of ocean shoreline with more than adequate waves throughout our beautiful country USA. Leave the lakes and rivers for those of us who enjoy watersports that actually require skill and energy.
Huh? How about those of us that live inland? explain to me how those of us that have boats made for wakesurfing are destroying lives. Hate to break it to you LMK, but whatever you're using on the water is destroying the glass too...
Old 02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Tige' 22V
Surf wake

Generally, the best surf wakes come with boats with more a v-hull (like Centurions). Also, you aren't going to get a good surf wake period without lots of weight. Yes, the 24 Enzo has a ridiculous wake. I surf with some of the Inland Surfer guys and then have over 2000 pounds of weight in their 24 Enzo, and the wake is incredible.

Based on that, I would say the three best v-hulls from Mastercraft would be the X25, x35 and x55. The X25 has a huge storage locker on the port side of the boat where you could probably fit an 1100 pound sack. Combine that with the 250 stock ballast on one side, and then maybe another 500 in the rear and you'd have almost 2000 pounds on one side of the boat. You may even be able to fill the starboard side stock ballast as well to sink the transom in more, especially if you have surf tabs.

I have not been able to try out the X25 yet, but plan on doing that. My guess is the X25 and X35 will have very good surf wakes when properly weighted, considering the deep v-hulls. I bet the X55 would be great too, but you would need a ton of wake to sink that big of a boat. As soon as I get the chance to surf these I'll post a review.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by lettmeknow View Post
LMAO!! Maybe that could be a bumper sticker quote! Wakesurfing and crack destroy lives I tell you!!