Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Some Winter Projects Of Mine

Here is what I have been doing sine the New Year 2010. Hope you Like.

I fist want to say that I looked at a thread started by wakeX2wake. He did an LED install that I thought was pretty cool. He mounted his led lights in the center where the lights were facing straight toward the speaker. I liked the idea and tried it but decided to do mine a litte different. His way lights up the center of the speaker. Mine have a coax there were he runs components leaving his open to show more light. I had to think about how I could light up the entire woofer instead of just the center. I do NOT think that his idea was bad, I just wanted to feel like I improved a little off of his creative thinking.

So wakeX2wake if you see this Thank You.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 02-12-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:59 AM
MC Maniac

Here is the finished speakers
Attached Images

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 02-12-2010, 05:05 AM
MC Maniac

I will be able to post what the speakers look like in the boat this weekend. We had over 10 inches of snow today. These are of my board rack with the JL 7.7 speakers in an enclosure I built. Everything is on a wire connecter so you can take the skylon up and down or not use it at all. Every speaker in the boat is done this way. Like I said, I will post more when I get them.
Attached Images

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 AM
MC Maniac

Here are the Underwater Lights that I installed last week.
Attached Images

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 AM
MC Maniac

Since I have had all of my speakers out of my boat, I still want to rewire the entire stereo system with new wire and I will post pics of bow with amp set up as well.

The system is still going to be run one to one...

Although I did choose to wire all of the LED lights in Parallel...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Great job Kyle! Looks great!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2007, MCX
Very Nice! What kind of underwater lights are those? I'm interested to see how they look in the water, perhaps you could post a pic later this year. I've thinking of doing the same..but prob not until next winter. BTW, how about that snow?! it's happening too often, that global warming is really screwing things up :-) Its supposed to make our ski seasons longer
Old 02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Nice work! That will look sharp at night on the water. Good thing you are electrically inclined bc I'm not and paid about $150 to have the underwater lights installed. Those look like Bullet Lines lights, no?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Here are the Underwater Lights that I installed last week.

Where did the UW lights come from

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
MC Maniac

The Underwater Lights were purchased at www.Bulletlines.com. I checked ebay, where the price there was cheeper and Ken the owner of Bulletlines matched the price cause it was buy it now on ebay. The lights are supposed to have the same or a little more power as the abyss lights that come on the MC from the factory. Abyss are 200 or a little over. I paid 100 each for mine. They have other colors available. Check ebay price before paying BL online price. BTW Ken is a nice guy and very easy to do business with. Mine were ordered on and shipped on a fri and got them on a tues.

The Led speaker lights came from www.oznium.com and were the 5mm lights that are prewired.

Oh and the underwater lights are SS and feel like they are high quality. They are heaver than they look. Kind of like when you go to grab something and think it is going to be different than what it is. I like them.

I will post more pics after I can put my boat in the water. Right now the platform and brackets are off cause I am putting a fold down platform on. Tim C from OJ props is helping me with this. I am the first to have them made for my style MC and it has been an adventure. I am supposed to get the brackets next week so we will see. I will post pics of that as well.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Kyle; 02-12-2010 at 08:20 PM.