Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 02-12-2010, 02:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft prostar 200, Mercury 200
I will get some more pic posted tomorrow, from diging into this boat the title when i bought it said it was an 86 but when I got the boat home checked the vin# it ended in 85. The boat used to be blue. I will post some pictures of the nics in it and you can visually see that the boat was blue and was sprayed white. After I ripped the carpet out I noticed that there was repair done to the driver side rail. The boat was used in the Tommy Bartlett show so the only thing i can think of is it was damaged at the show in 85 they had it repaired and sprayed white and put the 86 decals on it to advertise the new 86 look. Thats the only thing I can put together with the boat. Hope you guys like the thread... Like I said i will put more pics up tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
If the boat was in the Tommy Bartlett show in '85-'86 I probably saw it in a performance. My kids were toddlers, ages 1 and 3. My my most vivid memory was that both kids fell asleep (it was an evening show) and we had to carry both of them back to the motel. The three year old had a tantrum, screamed bloody murder the whole time. It was the longest three block walk of my life!

Last edited by Miss Rita; 02-12-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
If it's an 85, it should then have stripes running through the hull sides and top deck!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
TT Regular

Here are a few pics after I got the seats out! Took the center boards out so I could get at the gas tank. Floor boards are soft and rotten, and the boards that hold the gas tank in were rotten.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
a 1250 PSI pressure washer w/ a WIDE WAND will do wonders on the carpet and the bildge

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
TT Regular

Gas tank is out, fuel line from tank to motor needs to be replaced.... Its in really rough shape.... Should have been done a while ago. But its coming along.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
TT Regular

LOL thats what my brother told me.... Take it to the car wash and give it a god pressure wash.... That was the plan but I figured the center boards needed to be replaced with new carpet, and the carpet had oil soaked in it back by the oil overflow pressure tank... So I decided to rip it out and replace with new.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
TT Regular

After I got the boards up I noticed a good crack in the center floor (tunnel area).. The floor is solid underneath and on top.. I think/pretty sure its just the gel coat that is cracked... Once it gets warm enough out where i can have the garage open I'm gonna epoxy it with some fiberglass mesh....
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
TT Regular

Ok, carpet is finally out..... it was a job and a half but I had the mrs. help on this one so we got it done within a few hours. I had to be really careful pulling the carpet out because i wanted to use them as a template for the new carpet. It was in rough shape especially around the seats and stringers where people mainly walked. We used paint scrappers to get the worst of the glue off, well actually I did most of the scrapping, gave the orbital sander to the wife and she sanded the one stringer while i scraped the other... Worked really good.... She's a sport and a barefooter now!!! Gotta love it.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
TT Regular

? if you look in the pic above the back portion of the boat tunnel is a yellow/milky/tan color... Almost looks like it was painted at one point, but its too hard to be paint.... Was it epoxied at some point? It was done with a paint brush, don't know if its factory or not.... assuming its not...