Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 ProStar 190 Tour, LT1, Powerslot, Safety Top, Bimini, Boom
Teak platform

Well it is not actually teak, I could not afford the teak when I made this. It is made of rough-cut mahogany. The pictures are before I put the spar varnish on. I have had 3 inboards and this is what I made to put on the first one. It was a 1972 Correct Craft Mustang. The only pictures of this deck on the boat are on video. I also made the brackets that attached it to the boat. This was done about 15 yrs ago, just thought I would try out my first scanner.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Damn nice right there!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Very nice work. Now I may have to consider replacing my glass platform.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Teak

First of all you have done an excelent job in building your platform. Most of us could not do that kind of work, or at least I couldnt.

I was looking for a replacement for my 93 190 and was refered to Tommy Nation at Teak World Enterprises.

He has been doing waranty work for MC for like 20 years. He is the one who built my teak platform for my boat. The one that I am using is a 197 platform. He said that it would fit perfectly and it did.

I purchased a 197 platform and Tommy threw in the transom saver. All in all shipped to my door step by ups I payed 290 for everything.

Tommy doesnt make his living selling to the public. He deals with direct accounts. Look at my boat and the platform in my albums to see his quality. He will sell to you directly though. He requires you to mail him a check. Then he builds your platform and ships it to you. He does business that way just bc he deals with direct account and is not set up for internet sales or over the phone CC sales.

It is legit and a HELL of a Deal on a platform.

http://teakworldenterprises.samsbiz.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 190 1998 30th Anniversary Edition LT1
Those folks are just up the road from me. They are right off 231 going towards Lebanon, TN. Very down to earth people and great customer service.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
That is beautiful. Great job.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Platform

That is beautiful work. I considered it for my boat, but as Kyle said I contacted teak world and he made a plaform for my boat for $375 + $40 shipping. Considering I bought a replacement "CRAP" rubber mat for my boat for $130. Teak is the way to go. Fiberglass SUCKS.. Probably why he sells to the public, because everyone has this notion that fiberglass is better. NO WAY. The rubber tears, falls of, and once sun bleached tracks black stuff all over your interior. When you factor in my boat was an 07 and needed new rubber in 08. That $130 bucks for a replacement rubber + the fiberglass gets all marked up and spider cracks. I oil it twice a year and it looks like new, almost impossible to make it look bad. Why anyone thinks fiberglass is better is news to me.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I also forgot to mention. Tommy told me NOT to use Teak Oil on my platform. He said that Teak Oil is not put on them from the factroy........

He suggests going to the local home depot and buying a gallon of LINSEED OIL in the painting section. Then buy a quart of MINERAL SPIRITS... Its is also cheeper to do it this way. 25 dollars for a quart of teak oil or 30 for a gallon and mineral spirits together.

Mix 80% Linseed oil

20% Mineral Spirits

This is supposed to last longer and be better for your Teak. This is what comes on it from the factroy.

I sand my platform down once a year lightly with 80 or 60 grit with the grain LIGHTLY. Then apply with a brush a cote of the mixture you made. Let dry NOT IN THE SUN but SHADE and wipe off about 45 min to 1 hour later. It works really well.

Tommy Nation @ Teak World Enterprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................same finish I have put on a fine hand rubbed gunstock. Very interesting.

SPECIAL ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I also forgot to mention. Tommy told me NOT to use Teak Oil on my platform. He said that Teak Oil is not put on them from the factroy........

He suggests going to the local home depot and buying a gallon of LINSEED OIL in the painting section. Then buy a quart of MINERAL SPIRITS... Its is also cheeper to do it this way. 25 dollars for a quart of teak oil or 30 for a gallon and mineral spirits together.

Mix 80% Linseed oil

20% Mineral Spirits

This is supposed to last longer and be better for your Teak. This is what comes on it from the factroy.

I sand my platform down once a year lightly with 80 or 60 grit with the grain LIGHTLY. Then apply with a brush a cote of the mixture you made. Let dry NOT IN THE SUN but SHADE and wipe off about 45 min to 1 hour later. It works really well.

Tommy Nation @ Teak World Enterprises
Quick mods delete this before No1 reads this heresy ...