Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none yet
lake/river house vacation ideas TEXAS

need some ideas on a cool, moderalty priced lake/river house either in the texas hill country or near Houston. looking to take a trip with multifamily, approx 15-17 people so place needs to be big or have multiple cabins.. Pets would be a plus too!!

Thanks!

Steven
Old 01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
I don't know if you consider it close to Houston, but here is one on Sam Rayburn Reservoir that sleeps 19.

http://lakehousevacations.com/page-6163.html

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X10, MCX, acme prop, Gatormat platform pad,
Try www.lake-lbj.net and look for rental homes. This is my lake and it is constant level. Lake Travis, on the other hand, is still way below normal and many people's boat docks are sitting high and dry from the Texas drought. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none yet
Mucho Gracias
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Get a place on lake Conroe, they have bar and grill's on the water with live music. Didn't appear to be too exspensive and have stall to keep your boat in the water.

Sam Rayburn is alright, just real stumpy. I live on Rayburn and when its not rough, its full of fishing boats and drunks.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM
MC Devotee

Its a bit farther drive but great place for large family and have river house's to rent. Its on the Cane River Lake in Natitoches la. Grew up skiing on the river and its excellent, with great food and bars. The movie Steele Magnolia's was filmed there. Parents have a place there but its not big enough for that many people.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Somebody once told me that there is no good skiable water in Texas. While that's true, we tend to hold our family reunion on LBJ each year. The water is like glass (at 5 a.m.) I sure don't remember it being this choppy as a kid.

Really, it is a good lake for what you're looking to do. Lots of places to rent there, constant level lake, and lots to do/explore.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 01-21-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Water in Texas is choppy and full of stumps and snakes. I hear Oklahoma is great!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1, 310RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC190 View Post
Get a place on lake Conroe, they have bar and grill's on the water with live music. Didn't appear to be too exspensive and have stall to keep your boat in the water.

Sam Rayburn is alright, just real stumpy. I live on Rayburn and when its not rough, its full of fishing boats and drunks.
Conroe is a great lake, unless you like smooth water and few boats. If you like a bathtub like party lake full of big boats, it's the place to be.

The only time in my life I've ever had motion sickness was a summer afternoon on Lake Conroe.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Conroe is a great lake, unless you like smooth water and few boats. If you like a bathtub like party lake full of big boats, it's the place to be.

The only time in my life I've ever had motion sickness was a summer afternoon on Lake Conroe.
You make a great point, really never tried to ski or wakeboard. Just partied and hung out.

Still think Natitoches, LA would be a great option.