Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft
Track Vision Tower Cam

Does anyone have any photos of the track vision tower cam install on there boat? Really just looking to see how and where the main screen and controller are mounted.

Also if anyone out there has it how do you like it?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Send a message via MSN to Holman J.B.F
i have one,..imho not worth the money.It,s just a nice gadget.resolution is ok when you play thre sd card back on a laptop.
When you play it back on the MC big screen the quality is pretty bad.
I,ll take the sd card out next time and post it on youtube,just for your information.
We fooled arround with a Gopro HD cam ....much better.

see hi res image.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklYBI3MlP4

Last edited by Holman J.B.F; 06-21-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X15 2010
Hi that is not what I asked for. I asked if someone had the Track Vision camera installed on their boat and I wanted to see some footage of what is looked like.

The flying around in a plane or some other R/C device is not from the boat.

GregS please let me know if you have managed to download your videos.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Send a message via MSN to Holman J.B.F
sorry,..i just wanted to say save your money and go with a Gopro High Defenition cam.there are aftermarket video track systems to mount the camera.

i,ll take my laptop to the boat tonight and will post some footage of the Pov. Vio
Old 06-22-2010, 07:34 AM
TT Regular

I did not get a chance to copy it this week...I will be down on Friday and I will copy some footage then....sorry for the delay.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, X-45, 2006, LQ9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holman J.B.F View Post
sorry,..i just wanted to say save your money and go with a Gopro High Defenition cam.there are aftermarket video track systems to mount the camera.

i,ll take my laptop to the boat tonight and will post some footage of the Pov. Vio
Can you point me in the right direction for the aftermarket video track systems that mount to the boat. I love this idea of a video that no one has to hold I just can't find a way to mount on the tower and track the rope.

Thanks,
Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft
www.wakevideo.com has a tracking system that i just purchase and works great. I have an HD camera that i mount to it record all day take it off at the end of the day and watch it wheni get home.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-45 on order
I think the MC camera is pretty cool. It follows the wakeboarder and the picture is clear. It does, however, store in AVI Divx format (not mpg), so is about 20MB per minute and not playable until you download a divx codec/player. The 18 second clip I was going to upload was 7MB, and haven't found a tool to convert the divx into .mpg or other reasonably compressed format. I originally wasn't able to play the clips from the SD card on a Mac or PC until I downloaded the free divx player for the pc. (even though its a .avi file, doesn't mean all players can play it without the right 'codec').

Also, the camera comes with a sound input plug in the control unit (in the glove box), but no mic. I bought a $20 mic at Radio Shack as an experiment though, and it sounds reasonable. I'm thinking I'll hook the stereo out into the audio-in instead though (so the video will have the same sounds as the tower speakers), since there is alot of windnoise with the mic, and was why I'm told MC didn't include a mic.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Maristar 225 LT-1 (the SS Overkill)
If you are on a mac, google "HandBrake"... it's a freebie, and should do all the converting / ripping you need.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 X-15 LY6
I have enjoyed my camera on my 2010 X15 - and the kids love posting their videos to their facebook pages, etc. Plus it's a great tool for seeing what you are doing wrong after a set.

In addition to the softward that comes with the camera, there are a bunch of options here:

http://www.windowsreference.com/mult...-media-player/

My first Post!!

Tags
camera, tower, tower cam, track vision