Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 12-04-2009, 05:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 Sammy Duval
Most vehicles on the road today have a loose connection between the seat and the steering wheel.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammbone View Post
Most vehicles on the road today have a loose connection between the seat and the steering wheel.
That's closely related to the loose nut behind the steering wheel.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Cub View Post
As a PE/Health/Driver Ed teacher, I consider it my job to mess with my students 24/7, and make them constantly wonder if I am joking or serious. I am in the process of planning my Driver Ed curriculum for my students next semester and I am planning a lesson on the lesser known parts of the vehicle. Any suggestions?

All I have is:
knuton valve
blinker fluid
piston return spring
horn volume knob
wiper sharpeners
header lock bushing
interlocking transfer spanners
Door Spanners
O-pipe
clutch belts
exhaust booster
710 Cap

Any funny parts that I can use to mess with my students would be appreciated!
Do me a favor- make sure to teach them to not be A-holes when they drive, teach them that a car or truck doesn't actually stop on a dime and how to estimate the time it will take for the oncoming car to reach their position. Also, throw some cantalopes against a brick wall, to show them what happens when a moving human body hits a stationary object (or vise-versa). Teach the traffic laws and beat safety into their heads- I'm sick of being cut off, merged into, nearly T-Boned/rear-ended/sideswiped and jerked around by kids who are two years out of driver's ed.

Tell them:
Lug nuts are tight when they reach .025" of bolt-stretch.
To make sure they rotate the air in their tires at least annually.
Liquid nitrogen is preferred for inflating their tires.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak View Post
Excellent!

... or Fletch (cannot remember right now, but it was in the airplane mechanic scene) would be good too.
That'd be the "fetzer valve." There are at least seven of them, and they tend to stick. In order to fix it, first, you must prepare it with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1996, 285 HP
I never leave home without a left-handed lug nut wrench.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Don't forget the Metric and SAE adjustable Crescent wrench.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, ProStar 190, 1988, Ford 351 240hp
You also need to:

-rotate the steering wheel when needed
-check the rear windshield wiper reservoir

1988 ProStar 190 red/gray
-Ford 351
-OJ 13x11 prop
-Kenwood Stereo

Need a manual go here http://www.mastercraft.com/knowledge/owners_manuals/
Old 12-04-2009, 11:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '05 Mastercraft X-45
I have a feeling that this video should give you some good ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhYd9L_d7w
Old 12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 190 1998 Indmar 350
Ok, as alot of you guys think this is funny, listen to this...

So me and my friend Brent were sittin at a lunch table back at the beginning of Spring in 2004 (senior year in HS) and we were talkin' about how we should F with our buddy Kevin. Kevin swore up and down he was a Chevy guy but was a huge mustang freak and talked about fords all the time. Nothing wrong with that, but he kind of got on our nerves and talked about dumb stuff frequently. SO Brent suggests we offer him some advice and that he should stop at autozone because we heard his radiator belt squeeling pulling into the parking lot that morning. He looked puzzled. So I explained to him that it could have been because of the moisture in the air that morning, belt could have been a little damp Brent asked him about the last time it was changed and he didn't know So I then went on to ask him if he had changed the air in his tires. He was startin' to catch on I think, so I told him "hey, ya know when you let air out of your tire and it smells like crap? Well that's because you have old air and you need to change it. Same thing with the oil, ya know?!" We go to the parts store later on because Brent needed oil and a filter. COMPLETELY forgetting about everything, we go in, grab the oil and the PF454 filter for his LT1 Z28, go to the counter and the guy is tellin' Kevin ".... I can almost guarantee you your 95 GT doesn't have a radiator belt. I've never heard of such a thing" It took everything we had not to die laughing! We get to my house, I start jacking Brent's camaro up, and Kevin grabs the hose from my pop's air compressor and brings it out to his car. I didn't even see him until I heard Brent say "hey man, *** are you doing?" "I'm changing the air in my tires man" "Dude, we were JOKING!" LMAO, I'm even chuckling right now thinking about it... he left mad and didn't talk to us the next day and a half. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
fletch clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j4iOjCLWs

the Rockwell Automation clip was hilarious. Used to sell and service AB equipment