Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 190 1998 Indmar 350
Any MCs near Lake Anna or Northern VA area??

Just like the title says, looking for MC owners or skiiers around the northern va area or perhaps on Lake Anna. I've seen more than a handful of MCs on the lake but I'm always in a position where I'm pullin' or not even in my boat I can never seem to catch one in a no-wake zone or at any ramps... It boils down to my gf being too scared to pull me behind my own boat. It's not an issue right now, but it will be come late march/early april. AND IT'S COMING FAST!!! (Don't say it's not, I'm trying to keep a positive head through this BS we call winter)
Old 11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1995 Prostar 190
I think "dog paw" is on Anna. Red stars & stripes.

I wish I lived closer, that lake is nice! Where are you located, near DC?
I'd be glad to give you a pull up here in Jersey.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

I live in Spotsylvania County but work up in Manassas in Prince William County. Well, I guess I should say I work OUT of Manassas, since I'm in the insulation field. Can't see myself going up to NJ for much of anything but I will definately keep that in mind. And if you ever want a pull, don't hesitate to let me know if you're in the area. I've actually thought about traveling around this summer to check out different spots in the state.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 PM
TT Hero

You need to make the trip to Smith Mountain Lake...........we've been there about 4 times and it's sooooo nice! We stay at the Westlake Inn right on the water with free docks! They even have their own ramp (although very steep).

If you want to head north, I think the MC Northeast reunion will be happening again, location TBD.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 MasterCraft X-2 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAL98 View Post
Just like the title says, looking for MC owners or skiiers around the northern va area or perhaps on Lake Anna. I've seen more than a handful of MCs on the lake but I'm always in a position where I'm pullin' or not even in my boat I can never seem to catch one in a no-wake zone or at any ramps... It boils down to my gf being too scared to pull me behind my own boat. It's not an issue right now, but it will be come late march/early april. AND IT'S COMING FAST!!! (Don't say it's not, I'm trying to keep a positive head through this BS we call winter)
I go to Lake Anna a few times a year. Both with my boat and to ride other wakes. I only wake anymore, haven't skied since 2002. Be happy to meet up sometime. I also ride in MD if you ever want to come over.

Last edited by KHall; 11-28-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

NJSkier - I've heard ALOT about SML!!! Seems to be a very nice spot indeed, as it is THEE largest freshwater lake in the state of VA, with Lake Anna being the second. My mother has a place in Pine Harbor, which is a gated community with lake acces on Anna, and some people she knows go to SML about 2 or 3 times a year, and they said it's beautiful indeed. I'd like to plan a trip there sometime in July or August and make it a 3 or 4 day weekend, but I don't wanna be the only MC fool out there As far as the Northeast reunion goes, I'd love to be a part of it, PLEASE keep me posted on the details. Also thought about going to Carolina Spring Madness, but it seems a bit too far for me at the moment anyways

KHall - You should definately come down sometime in the spring, I need somebody to pull me Behind my boat or another MC, doesn't matter, but nobody around here seems to be competent enough to do it. And with my trying to get up on one ski, I'd like to have a fellow TT member gimme some instruction while pulling me. Since you're relatively close, I'm sure we could make arrangements to meet up. I've got a Hyperlite 143 board I was gunna try to get up on, but my last weekend trip fell through once I got to the dock (mom is crazy)
Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 MasterCraft X-2 TBI
BTW, for the record SML is georgous place.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

I'd like to see some pictures of some MCs on it
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
TT Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAL98 View Post
I'd like to see some pictures of some MCs on it
We did see a few MC's on SML so you won't be the only one.

Here's a pic of the Westlake Inn where we stayed........our room was on the 1st floor (just to the right of person in blue shirt) where we could BBQ on the lawn and use the pcnic tables.

Name:  SML lake -54.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  114.8 KB

KHall, where else do you boat in Maryland? We sometime hit the Chester river near Chestertown.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
TT Hero

Another pic of our riding spot on SML right near the Inn.

Name:  SML lake -03.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  103.2 KB