Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 190 1998 Indmar 350
Because of you guys, I LOVE my MC!

I love my MasterCraft ProStar! I have contemplated selling her come spring over the last few weeks, because of the little things that have ticked me off during the winterization process. Plastic plugs in the exhaust manifolds and having to tap those out to re-install brass plugs. There have been other things that are common on all Gen I SBC but I've been able to correct those on my own, that I never posted about. Point is, its YOU GUYS, such as Harold, Jim, Chicago, EastTxSkiier, and others that have helped me along in this process of winterization and before, that make me love my boat even more! You guys are the reason why when you buy a MC boat, it just goes to show that no other boat will do (has been said many times over by newbies such as myself). Every time I go over to my friend's house, I look at her sitting pretty on the trailer, and fall in love all over again.

Now that I'm done with EVERYTHING as far as winterizing goes, tomorrow I'm pulling her out and giving her the full treatment. Meguiar's wash down, 2 coats of the mirror glaze, 303 on the upholstery, windex on my glass, wax on the face of the engine pullies, pulling the battery, and finally covering her back up before I back it into her new home for the winter. Just wanted to tell you guys thanks, and I hope to enjoy my boat and become more educated on it, for years to come!

~Jon
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Glad to hear your keeping her! The people on this site have been very helpful to me as well.

I see on your signature you have a boom........are you a barefooter? If so, very cool!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
And yet....MasterCraft corporate has been on the verge of pulling the plug on this discussion forum at least twice that I can remember...

Not sure how they feel today, but in MasterCraft's customer-service wisdom, there certainly have been times where they clearly thought this site was more trouble than it was worth.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
And yet....MasterCraft corporate has been on the verge of pulling the plug on this discussion forum at least twice that I can remember...

Not sure how they feel today, but in MasterCraft's customer-service wisdom, there certainly have been times where they clearly thought this site was more trouble than it was worth.
I don't understand that at all. If I am a Mfg., I would think that any discussion about my product is good. Unless you knew you produced something that was bad, and we all know it's a superior product, so discussion can only help them sell more.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
It's nice to know that we all have been able to help and have a fellow MasterCraft family member happy with their treasure.
Any time you need help, we'll all do our best to get/keep you on track, cause you'll be one of those in the near future who helps someone else and the circle is complete. Just pay it forward!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:

I agree, I think corporate thinks this site is more trouble than it is worth. And they'd pull it except for the fallout and the threat of a private party starting a mc forum. With that said I think it is a huge benefit to them that they just don't realize.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I agree, I think corporate thinks this site is more trouble than it is worth. And they'd pull it except for the fallout and the threat of a private party starting a mc forum. With that said I think it is a huge benefit to them that they just don't realize.
I don't know if they're afraid of it or not, but they're right...several people here, me included, would start up a MasterCraft discussion forum in a heartbeat if they pulled the plug on this site.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercrart Maristar 210 1990
I think I can honestly say, I will always own a Mastercraft. That would not be the case if not for everyone's help on the site. With the right information, most things can be done pretty easily. Our family loves the old boat so much, I plan to give it to the kids one day and buy myself a "New" one. My wife wants a V-drive. Maybe boating and maintaining a boat would have been to much of a PITA without this site. I had questions about the boat, the ramp, you name it. They were all answered in good fun or asked by folks before me. Thanks MasterCraft for the site and thanks guys for the info and laughs.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
TT Admin

Boat: I can check-out any MC boat - why own?
This is the best manufacturer forum in the marine industry...and all of that credit goes to the members here that share information and make this a great place for everyone-

The plug will NEVER be pulled under my watch, in fact TT needs to be elevated even more!

Thanks again guys for all of your valuable time and effort spent on the forum-

Phil
TTAdmin

Quote:

Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM
MC Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTAdmin View Post
This is the best manufacturer forum in the marine industry...and all of that credit goes to the members here that share information and make this a great place for everyone-

The plug will NEVER be pulled under my watch, in fact TT needs to be elevated even more!

Thanks again guys for all of your valuable time and effort spent on the forum-

Phil
TTAdmin
Good to know, Phil.