Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 06-08-2005, 11:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 SN196
Send a message via Yahoo to ski36short
Finally tried a Monza...

... for about 5 minutes. For all the talk about how different it is from past HOs, it felt exactly like the rest of them ever have. Squirrelly outside the wakes and tough to turn, but fast behind the boat. It obviously works for lots of people, just not me. At least with the Sixam I could tell it had potential so I stuck with it a while longer. So the great ski test of 2005 is over before it ever even got started. If I don't like the incoming 9600, I'm sticking with the good ol' 9100 even though she's getting pretty tired and beat up. I doubt that will happen though.

Who else has made a switch this year and how's it going?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 - X-7 310hp
I'm on a new Monza this year. It has taken a few runs to dial it in, but it's working great now. Had to adjust the fin a bit and can the rear binding more. After that, it turns great and like you said, it's fast behind the boat.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Which past HOs have you found to be squirelly outside the wake? I've been riding an 02 CDX for the last year and found it to be far more stable than the Mapple I had before it?

My wife has an 04 Truth. It's probably got more squirrel in it than mine though. Haven't felt the deisire to ride it since she got it last year. Maybe next week. Probably not.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I got a Mapple, but am figthing some binding issues. When I get the new bindings next week, hopefully I will get a good feel for it.

Also got the kids a Syncro. I can see it is working much better for my daughter than the old World Team. I tried it and can't find a thing to complain about.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 AM
MC Hero

Remind me what the binding issues were?

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:40 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Remind me what the binding issues were?
Size M binding was too big. Size M toe plate is too small.

I must have wierd size feet.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
MC Hero

Are you using the O'Brien contacts?

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 SN196
Send a message via Yahoo to ski36short
Quote:
Which past HOs have you found to be squirelly outside the wake?
Every one I've ever tried - a CDX like yours, a Phantom (as I recall) and now this one. It's just a style thing where I like the KD/Goode type of carving turn whereas I can only get HOs to pivot; just before and after that happens the thing is pretty unstable. That could be a sign of a deficiency in my skiing as much as anything else but they just plain don't work for me!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
MC Hero

From your handle, sounds like it's something that I'm not noticing coming from a completely different level of skiing than where you are.

HOs tend to be a little tail heavy (something I have noticed), which might explain a more pivoting turn. I was told it would be very difficult to go from skiing O'Brien (for years) to HO. But I took to it without looking back (fortunately for me). If I ever get to the shortline, it'll probably all make more sense to me.

Longline, like ignorance, is bliss.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Last edited by east tx skier; 06-09-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:15 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Are you using the O'Brien contacts?
Obrien Bio's