Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-17-2004, 04:39 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Installing a radio remote

What's the best way to run the cable from the radio (in the glove box) to the instrument panel??? This is on a 2004 Prostar 209. From what I can see it's looks like running it inside the bow storage compartments might be the easiest route. Any other ideas are apprceiated
Old 08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209, MCX, custom ballast, tower
Looks to me like some cables run through the conduits (2" pieces of pvc glassed in) along the inside of the rub rail around the bow. I didn't immediately see an easy way to get up into the ones in the very bow. I had a bunch of cables to run so I glued some pvc coupler fittings to the inside wall (footwell) of the bow, just under the fiberglass lip of the front edge of the seat cushions.
Jeez, that is hard to describe .
Old 08-17-2004, 06:09 PM
MC Master Poster

If you have an electrician's fishtape, you should be able to go from the vent hose on the port side to the hole where the cables come up from the bilge on the starboard side. If you don't have a fishtape, you can use the flexible copper tube for a refrigerator ice maker. It bends to whatever shape you want and as long as you don't force it too hard, it keeps that shape. You'll need to bend a curve into it and put your hand into the hole you want it to come out of, or look in with a flashlight and grab it somehow. Tape the cable onto whatever you use and gently pull it through.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209, MCX, custom ballast, tower
I think to go that route I have to go from the battery box to the bilge and then from the bilge with the cable harness up alongside the ski locker to the driver's footrest. Did I miss something?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Thanks for all the ideas and replies. I'll let you know what route I decide to take as the cable just arrived today!!!!! Of course they are predicting rain and, unfortunatedly, the Boat is stored outside