Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercrart Maristar 210 1990
Admiral Zip Sled

I know this question has come up before, but I am looking for a zip sled. I realize they do not make them anymore, but does anybody have one they would like to sell? I promise when my kids are done I would pass it on to someone else here on teamtalk. If not, do you know of something similar? I really want to ditch the tube and I think they would have a blast on this and move right on to skis. I actually have four kids I need to teach. Back surgery put an early end to my season, so I want to hit the ground running next spring. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Sorry

Sorry, I just sold my last blue Admiral Zip Sled. 3 kids - 2 grandkids and probably another multitude of neighborhood kids got their water starts on this piece.

Funny, kids now all want to surf and wakeboard. Zip Sled was ahead of it's time!!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
You just have to watch ebay. The blue ones always go for more, but went for less this year than last year. I have seen the blue ones, in years past, go for upwards of $350.

I have the Bob Sked model, which I prefer for its handles. Those tend to go for a bit less for whatever reason. It took me four years of hard looking before I found ours. They are fantastic and our son loves it. I'm sure our younger son will love it, too, someday.

Good luck with your search.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks gentlemen. Wow, $350. Maybe I should buy a boom. Might be able to help out some of the non skiing adults we get on the boat from time to time. I did see a zip sled last year for $50 plus shipping, but I had no idea what is was and after some research, it was to late.

I'll keep looking and thanks for the responses.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Last year was a more reasonable year for picking them up. I think I saw one go for about $100 on ebay (a blue one).

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Last year was a more reasonable year for picking them up. I think I saw one go for about $100 on ebay (a blue one).
That would have been well worth it to me. I have all winter to look. My wife agreed that we should get a boom so we can get our friends and relatives out of the boat and into the water. I just think the zip sled would make easier with kids. Still seems to be a market for them.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I got this ski trainer for my daughter this year.....she loves riding it!

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

While not a zip sled, it will give alot of confidence to little ones while be towed behind the boat.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 CC, SAN, GT-40 (Please do not bounce registration, no intent of causing controversy. I read the forum regularly, and at time have info to share)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njskier View Post
I got this ski trainer for my daughter this year.....she loves riding it!

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

While not a zip sled, it will give alot of confidence to little ones while be towed behind the boat.
I bought the same device for my two year old daughter. She has "skied" this device
for a full season now. Very stable. She's very confident out there by herself, standing or sitting, and constantly asks us to go faster, faster. She has some trouble making the ski trainer go side to side, but she is only 2 years old and 35 lbs. It was a very good purchase for putting her behind the boat by herself, and I'm pretty confident she will progress to more conventional skis next summer.

If the child were more than say 5 years old, I don't know that I would recommend this device unless the child has previously been afraid to try skiing. I think the manufacturer says it has a 60 or 70 lb weight limit.

BKH