Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 89 ProStar 190 & 74 Eliminator Flat Bottom V-Drive
Shrink wrap ?

Hey guys do to current economic times "no job no house" I have to store my boats outside Has anyone tried the shrink wrap method before ? any pro's and or cons to it ? I live in nor cali so I am not to much worried about temp just moisture and or mold condition. I do not have the newest or nicest boat but it is clean and good shape for it's age and I work hard to keep it that way. I just don't want to have it shrink wrap and pull it off to find a inside full of mold. Any feed back or info is greatly appreciated thank you
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
It's discussed in the recent thread, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=32906

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat broke View Post
Hey guys do to current economic times "no job no house" I have to store my boats outside Has anyone tried the shrink wrap method before ? any pro's and or cons to it ? I live in nor cali so I am not to much worried about temp just moisture and or mold condition. I do not have the newest or nicest boat but it is clean and good shape for it's age and I work hard to keep it that way. I just don't want to have it shrink wrap and pull it off to find a inside full of mold. Any feed back or info is greatly appreciated thank you
Let it breathe to some degree. Personally I'd not do it. Find a cover then find a tarp to protect the cover / trailer / etc,still allowing air circulation. Even a carport over that would be a reasonable solution.

( http://www.carolinacarportsinc.com/Gallery/Gallery.html )

They do get wrapped / shipped and set in storage for various reasons but I wouldn't care to do it on a boat.

$.02

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1996, 285 HP
I used to have our old boat shrink wrapped for outdoor storage and they inserted a plastic vent into the plastic that allowed it to breathe.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Gotta have vents, preferably active ventilation. If the air inside the boat hits the dew point, you'll get condensation. If you get condensation, you'll get mold. And lots of it.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
I do remember some horror stories over the years of people uncovering their boats that were put away spotless in the fall....

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.