Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I have an X14. I've driven (but haven't ski'd) the 14V. IMO the direct drive version has more room inside. Granted the motorbox in the center is a dealbreaker for some wives. I can see that if you are trying to keep the reins on a few toddlers. Other than that the added space seems to stretch everone out so it's not like sitting on a bus. And the X14 is very close to the 197 for slalom. KnoxX2 boarded behind it last month and said the wake arguably better than his '06 X2 for how he boards.

I also got some advice for surfing it form Mike Siepel at Barefoot International. I'm buying 4 sacs this winter and he told me the wake would be huge. I wasn't looking for huge....just OK would do.
John E, let me know how that surf wake is on the X14, if I can find a way to surf one my X1 will become a X14 fairly quickly.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
I can't imagine preferring the V over the DD for course skiing. But then again wakes are subjective.....
Niether can I, but just throwing it out there. She wasn't trying to sell me the boat, so I took it as an honest opinion.
Not being a skiier, I can't ever imagine going back to less room and storage than the X2 has (and kick myself for passing up on a deal on an X15!). It's simply luxurious compared to any DD boat I've been in.....now the aceleration and handling are a different story!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-14
JohnE - what were the four sacks that you ordered for surfing? ie...how much weight, size, shape, where'd you order from etc. My wife likes trying to surf behind our x14, but we're no where close to being able to drop the rope. The wave is just too small without additional ballast. It's still fun to play on though!

I've loved every minute on my 14. Had some struggles with the KGB, but hopefully my dealer has those fixed up for me for next spring.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1983 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Granted the motorbox in the center is a dealbreaker for some wives.
On the contrary, some wives enjoy it........
Old 10-08-2009, 12:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxroads View Post
OH, OH, Now that is just bad!!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '10 X-14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post

On another note, how did you sell the 190? I'm in CO too and having no luck selling mine. Get quite a few calls, but noone serious. Anyone calls you about your boat, maybe send them my way. DOn't think I'm out of line on price, but I'm not going to give it away...not that desperate to sell.
Thrall,

I had it listed here and in the denver Craigslist. Most of my calls were from the CL add.
I probably had 12 - 15 people call on my boat, 1 person was from colorado (and wanted to trade a 1990 boat and a 2006 dirt bike for my boat) a couple from Canada and the rest were from east and west coast. I ended up getting a little less than what I was asking but still above NADA value to a buyer from WA. Met him and delivered the boat to SLC. I worked hard for this sale with lots detailing, delivery, getting info to everyone and following up with people because I didn't want to sit on the boat all winter. I also found that most buyers expected me to be desperate to sell and looking for deals (not that there is anything wrong with that but when I wasn't a few just moved on)
Good luck with you sale, if you have any other questions just ask

Chad

2010 X-14v
previous
2001 MC Prostar 190,
1989 CC Ski Nautique 2001,
1984 CC Ski Nautique,
1979 CC Ski Tique
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 214
You can surf the x14 without too much problem. 1000lbs in the back, maybe 650 in the bow, with a 500lb bag behind the driver. Not huge, but definitely surfable
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-14
Hey mckevin - Is that on top of the stock ballast? How much extra water do you scoop up over the bow/sides with all that weight in the boat?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 214
Last October, when I ordered the boat, a PS214, my wife wanted a ski boat. So I ordered it with no ballast. It has only the three bags in it. With the weight spread out in the boat, it does not drive bad at all. Only water scooping problems is when you have 2 big people, plus the bag in the bow. The nose will take on water quickly from even small waves. No issues in the rear or the sides.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Granted the motorbox in the center is a dealbreaker for some wives. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxroads View Post
You didn't really contradict me. I may have been a little more subtle tho.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.