Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 10-04-2009, 12:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Prostar 190
More Winterization Questions

I have just bought a 99 Prostar 190 and have almost completed the winterization process. Just a few questions if I may.

1. the manual, which is identical to the aquaskier site on winterization (http://www.aquaskier.com/articles/bo...terization.htm), states to turn off the fuel supply line On-Off valve to off. Where exactly is this? Can it found in the engine compartment?

2. Would my boat have two fuel filters, one in the tank and one outside? Regardless, where is the fuel filter that needs to be changed regularly? Would anyone share the step by step on how to change this?

3. I've blown the water filter for my shower. I had too much pressure on my air compressor. I cracked the filter. Next time I'll just manually blow it out. The piece is plastic and is found in the back storage compartment on the drivers side. Any suggestions where I can buy a replacement for this? Would it be specific for the boat, or is there a generic piece I can buy?

Thanks in advance
Lance
Old 10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MariStar 210VRS 330hp Tower, Ballast, Bimini, 400w Clarion
Lance,
I can't comment on 1) or 2) because I don't know you're boat, but the plastic filter for the shower is an off-the-shelf RV part. Any RV parts store should help you. Keep your pressure below 60PSI and you'll be fine.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pristine, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "-- WOW--What a Ride!"
Old 10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft 190 1998 30th Anniversary Edition LT1
I ordered the plastic strainer for the shower from my dealer for 12.99. Rambo Marine. Mine cracked last winter after I forgot to open it up. My fuel shut off valve on my 98 is inline just before the 2nd fuel filter above the gas tank. That filter is kind of a bear to get to on my boat. You need little hands or little wrenches. The other fuel filter is located on the rear of the engine on my LT1. Both had threaded 13/16 nuts you just unscrew.