Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-17-2004, 04:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Maristar 240 1989 454 cu. in. 13/13 prop.
Relocate Trans. Cooler

Hey All,

Now that I have my new cooler installed (works great), one of the "high pressure" hoses carrying the trans. fluid is a bit short...I'd like to do two things - relocate the cooler slightly to give that hose some slack and install a Flush Pro. Do to the location of the intake thru-hull and the trans. cooler, things are a bit cramped...can I lengthen the trans. cooler's "high pressure" hoses by about a foot? This will allow me to install the Flush Pro just after the thru-hull then route the raw water line to the trans. cooler and then on to the raw water pump. I'll need to put an elbow in the line to keep things low and beside the motor (there's not alot of room in there...)

Wes
Old 08-17-2004, 05:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Wes, it wouldn't hurt to make the cooler line a little longer to do what you want, but check on the reccommended location for the flush kit.
Mine is installed between the trans cooler and the water pump (after the trans cooler, not before it as you described). Don't know if either way is wrong, just something to look at and may save you getting a new hyd. hose made.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:51 PM
MC Master Poster

As long as the hose is for high pressure, you can make it longer. If you have a shop in your area that can make up hoses as needed, I would probably go with one piece that's long enough so you don't need to worry about as many joints.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Maristar 240 1989 454 cu. in. 13/13 prop.
Yup,

Thanks guys...before I cut anything I'll double check the wheretos and the whatfors on where to locate the flush kit. Having not fooled with transmissions before, I don't know whether hoses can be bought "off the shelf" already made up in various lengths like at NAPA or sim.?

Wes
Old 08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Some NAPA strores can make hoses up for you. If your local store can't, check with a speed shop.