Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 09-23-2009, 03:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Killer Deals Rock!

Okay, before I go any further, this little posting relates to a tube. Yes, a tube. With two kids, a tube is almost required equipment. Not to worry, when yanking the kids around on the water, its generally out on the Mighty Columbia, which is not exactly a mirror-surface lake. Its usually just us, the occasional barge, and some folks pulling up their fishing nets near shore. Okay, with that, I just bought a brand new, never touched water, O'brien 2-person Super Screamer tube. It was missing the Boston Valve (which set me back a whopping $5 through Amazon). How much did I pay for this $149 reg price unused tube? $28 smackers. I don't ride on the tube (its beneath me...and they hurt...okay, mainly because they put the hurt on you too much), but rolling the dice on eHell and coming up seven is still pretty cool.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
I see nothing wrong with kids having fun on a tube. Where'd you find this great deal?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Dang, can't beat that

'91 prostar 190
Old 09-23-2009, 04:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Believe it or not, I got in on ehell (eBay) from one of those sellers that buys returns. It could have easily gone the other way, but I'm thinking I got very lucky.

Well, its 96 degrees here today and finished up what I needed to do at work just now, so its time to go out and try my new green impellers. This will be a kid-free afternoon sesh, so the tube will remain at home.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Thanks for the tip- apparently there are a number of tubes from the same people on ebay. $20 flat shipping rate does seems a little high though.

I've been looking for some discount super screamers, they are simply the best tube out there.

There's always time in between the morning and afternoon wakeboard and ski sessions for some tubing out on the midday choppy water. Not to mention not everyone can wakeboard or ski much.

Last edited by CruisinGA; 09-23-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 08 X-15
I got on of these bad boys for $70 they are reg $230! And I will have to agree with deminimis tubes hurt!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
Best bet is to hit the water after a major storm with lots of wind...you can find them floating in the water all the time, they blow off docks, yards, boats...I, aww bummer for me, dont have a hook on the back of my 197, so cant pull a tube...but i give them away if nobody claims them off my dock for a week. My son, 6, knpws not to even ask to go tubing.