Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
new owner questions

Here is a listing of some general questions along with photos. any gudiance is appreciated. This will not be as long as MM, although i did learn a few things.

1st & 2nd- anyone tell me where the rust color is coming from and what i can do?

3rd-simple gel coat repair kit?

4th- i have this water dripping after i moved the boat/trailer around. What and where?

5th. I have a Fulton A75 swing away hitch/surge brake. Oil resevoir was empty. filled and when i had the boat on driveway, especially when trailer was pushing against pickup, there was a constant drip. Nay ideas on how to repair. Unit is less than one year old. Previous owner put on before sale.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
MC Devotee

Also, what do you guys do with the extra strap length? around here i am going to have to pull with cover on as much as possible.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 14 xstar
Be careful towing with straps on at all. At higher speeds the wind will make them flutter and mar the gelcoat. Not so apparent on white however.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
Also, what do you guys do with the extra strap length? around here i am going to have to pull with cover on as much as possible.
Tennis ball with a dime size hole in each end and a cut between the holes in one side, loop the loose strap around the other straps secure the loose end inside the tennis ball when you clamshell it on the straps with the uncut side against the hull to protect. When they get dirty or after along trip, throw them in the next load of wash in the washing machine.Same with the other straps that may touch the hull, including the rear ropes to for protection.
Attachment 52260

Attachment 52261

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-31-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
I think I can answer #4 for you. It is most likely draining out of the intake on the bottom of the boat. When I garage mine it will drip water out of the intake for a day or two. I usually put a bucket under it and it will drain a couple pints in the bucket. It is probably worse in my case since my boat can come out of the lake and into the garage in 30 minutes or less.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
Might want to look into a MC ratcheting cover like this. With this type you can eliminate the straps all together. Keep your existing one for stationary storage and use your ratcheting cover for towing.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM
MC Devotee

think I can answer #4 for you. It is most likely draining out of the intake on the bottom of the boat. When I garage mine it will drip water out of the intake for a day or two. I usually put a bucket under it and it will drain a couple pints in the bucket. It is probably worse in my case since my boat can come out of the lake and into the garage in 30 minutes or less.

so this is normal? boat hasn't been in the water for two weeks and finally noticed water dripping after i moved it.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Tennis ball with a dime size hole in each end and a cut between the holes in one side, loop the loose strap around the other straps secure the loose end inside the tennis ball when you clamshell it on the straps with the uncut side against the hull to protect. When they get dirty or after along trip, throw them in the next load of wash in the washing machine.Same with the other straps that may touch the hull, including the rear ropes to for protection.
Attachment 52260

Attachment 52261
I use the TB technique too.....kinda.

I have a tennis ball hanging in my garage to remind my wife that if she passes the ball with her car she'll be in the house......I have to do this......she's blonde
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
I use the TB technique too.....kinda.

I have a tennis ball hanging in my garage to remind my wife that if she passes the ball with her car she'll be in the house......I have to do this......she's blonde
Of all the pics you have posted, I have NEVER seen a pic of the wifey. Makes me wonder if she is real.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by russlars View Post
Might want to look into a MC ratcheting cover like this. With this type you can eliminate the straps all together. Keep your existing one for stationary storage and use your ratcheting cover for towing.

where would a guy find those? not coming up on Google