Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-06-2005, 02:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
Restoration Project

Hi Teamtalk folks,

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some pictures of my restoration project. It is a 1990 PS 190 that I bought last November and have been working on over the winter. I got lots of good suggestions from this site, particularly to do with the motor. It's all up and running now and it is awesome. So far I am thrilled with the boat's performance, other than docking it which is a challenge.

I have tried to attach pics to this message but it says they are too large. What do I need to do to attach a jpeg?

If anyone else is in the middle of, or starting a project like this, I would be happy to try to help out even if it is just to let you know what I did and what I would do if I were doing it again.

Thanks to all those who helped out with suggestions along the way.

Bruce
Old 06-06-2005, 02:36 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Hi Bruce. Reduce the picture size to max of 600 pixels on the longest size using MS photo editor, photoshop, or other software. I, for one, would love to see the pictures.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

O.K. before I go through a ton of work I thought I would try it with one picture. I reduced the size to a maximum of 600 pixels on the longest side (width) and have attached it to this message. I'll see if it is tiny, which I suspect it may be. I've only attached one as a test.

Bruce
Old 06-06-2005, 02:53 PM
MC Hero

Ta daaaaaa!

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. It worked. Now for my next trick I will attempt to attach more than one picture. I hope I don't stall the whole site.

Bruce
Old 06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Looks great, did you run into any fiberglass issues at all? Blisters to be more specific. I'm still trying to decide what to do with mine.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

No fiberglass issues at all, other than a ton of wet-sanding. No blisters at all. I actually drove all the way from Vancouver Island to L.A. to get this boat (four days round trip) so I grilled the owner pretty hard on the condition of the boat. I knew it was going to be a lot of work but I didn't want any nasty surprises like a rotten floor or blisters or a siezed motor.

The picture that shows the empty interior is what I started with. It has an Airboom tower as well that I have not put back on yet and I'm getting the new side decals this week. It's been a fun project so far and it runs beautifully. It's a nightmare to dock in my spot because the dock is on the left and there's a big Mirage to my right. I'll put up with that considering how nice it is in the slalom course.

Bruce
Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Great job!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterb
Thanks for the tip. It worked. Now for my next trick I will attempt to attach more than one picture. I hope I don't stall the whole site.

Bruce
It'll work, but they won't show up. Just links if you do more than one.

Sure looks great!

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 06-06-2005, 04:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

One last picture from the front.