Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Looked at the bump rail on my 1995 prostar... time to take it off and remove loos rivets and re-glue the top of the boat to the bottom. Sounds like a good mid spring project... nothing major thankfully... just one of those compulsions us MC owners have... Oh will be stopping at Radio Shack today to buy a can of electrical contact cleaner and lubricant.. easy work to keep all corrosion of any electrial parts...especially behind the instrument cluster...
Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Interesting. I woke up roughly the same time and got dressed and was headed to the truck to go drive 45 minutes to go work on my boat. When I got to the truck I realized that nothing was wrong with my boat and it was just a dream.

My dream was that I sent a rod through the side of my block again. I had this terrible sick feeling and got dressed. Once at my truck and realizing it was just a dream I went back inside and went back to sleep. I slept great after that.
lol... noticed the time of the post... regarding rod thru the block again...was it the same dream again? or did that really happen to you...sorry if it did... if it didn't what the hecj are you eating before bedtime...??
Old 08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Spent 7 hours removing oxidation, decals, polishing, and waxing anything with clear on it then proceeded to start polishing aluminum. Gotta love handing a polisher for hours and then trying to ride for an hour
Old 08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
Wife thought i was crazy but i changed the oil and filter while boat was on my lift. Didnt want to wait til Winter due to our putting twice the hours we anticipated and oil was not changed last winter by previous owner. Had to drain it while in the water holding onto the rudder and drain bucket. I think i could only get 90% of the old oil out due to boat being at like a 4 degree tilt but better than not at all. Oil was very dirty. I put in a Mercruiser oil filter that looks to match up with the purolator that i replaced and saw online it is for GM 5.7 inboard v8's so i think i am good. An Indmar auth dealer sold it to me. Anyway, the week before i installed a port locker piggyback ballast that is cool and works well for surfing. Next is continueing to work on sound system hissing that still remains, have 80% filtered out but will still work to elimanate cause i love frustration!
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Got on my back to check hull rivets from the inside. Found a handful of loose rivets....my boat being a 1995 I know its time to pull the bump rail and tighten things up. Never looked behind the bulk head cover until today...found a brace that had some screws missing on the driver side. Changed some loose screws on the brace... Also got some electrical component cleaner and cleaned some electrical connections... and yes... I cleaned the starter housing..ugh....MCOCD....are the other ski boat owners like correct craft and malibu as crazy as us?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
lol... noticed the time of the post... regarding rod thru the block again...was it the same dream again? or did that really happen to you...sorry if it did... if it didn't what the hecj are you eating before bedtime...??
Check this thread out. It happened in 2010

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=36324

My dream was the other night.

I seriously thought I had a repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Tonight I drained the tranny
Filled engine with oil since I left it draining since Sunday
Filled tranny with fluid
Greased rudder box and steering cable
Greased bearing buddy's

Went skiing at out river site and both ski courses were vandalized over last night. We had enough to have 6 turn bouys and staggered gate and guide bouys for 1 course. It was ghetto fabulous deluxe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 08-29-2011, 06:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Replaced spark plugs on my (new to me) PS190.

Good 1/2 h of entertainment.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

Off to auspicious start in breaking the first one trying to use a fancy jointed 5/8 socket.

Went back to tried and true 5/8 box end wrench and all was well.

Having done my Mercedes SUV with twin plugs/independent coils motor, this was not bad.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
Replaced spark plugs on my (new to me) PS190.

Good 1/2 h of entertainment.

Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

Off to auspicious start in breaking the first one trying to use a fancy jointed 5/8 socket.

Went back to tried and true 5/8 box end wrench and all was well.

Having done my Mercedes SUV with twin plugs/independent coils motor, this was not bad.
Skin any knuckles?

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
No skin. Not bad at all.

I noticed the quick drain oil line for the first time. Very cool.

I am assuming you remove brass hull plug and drop line out to oil pan, eh?