Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
^ I'm getting ready to do the same, any words of advice now that you've done it so it's less of a p.i.t.a.? I was under the helm today looking around, and it looks like a fun task...
Old 03-09-2014, 01:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 BF200 yamaha Pro V 200
Pulled the cover off the boat looked inside, thought to myself good work old son, left the cover off to allow it to dry out, thought again to myself that was hard work better have a JACK and Coke for my efforts. went for a rife on the crotch rocket came home covered up the boat and had another Jack and coke......................working with the perfect boat
Old 03-09-2014, 01:40 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Skier View Post
Pulled the cover off the boat looked inside, thought to myself good work old son, left the cover off to allow it to dry out, thought again to myself that was hard work better have a JACK and Coke for my efforts. went for a rife on the crotch rocket came home covered up the boat and had another Jack and coke......................working with the perfect boat
Nice.........

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Its a big change to coming home with the big boat and doing all the maintenance flushing fuel lines checking valve lash doing a full nut and bolt check
Old 03-09-2014, 12:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
I completely eliminated the ballast manifold. I put the back bags on their own thru hulls a couple of years ago, but the kgb still ran through the ballast manifold. I think the drain lines on the manifold were introducing a lot of air, so I just plumbed around it. I also installed new gas shocks on the vdrive hatches and got the new sub box under the dash. I managed to squeeze a 1.6 cubic foot sealed box for a 15 under there. Even after all the measurements I took, I was still only 50/50 on it actually fitting under there. I had to slide it in face down and then rotate it under there. I still need to build a trim panel around it.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Box looks great! I have to build one for a 12w6 which requires roughly the same air space requirements. Would you mind sharing your dimensions of your box? That is exactly what I am looking for. I like the lip you built in the bottom also!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristarboarder View Post
Box looks great! I have to build one for a 12w6 which requires roughly the same air space requirements. Would you mind sharing your dimensions of your box? That is exactly what I am looking for. I like the lip you built in the bottom also!
I was surprised at how little room there was behind the kickpanel. I had to add that lip to get enough airspace. It should help to keep the box from sliding around as well. There was only 8" from the lip to the overflow hose for the kgb. I brought the box 5" forward of the lip. Here's the diagram I drew up. The lip is 2".
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 08:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Skier View Post
Well done!

Make it to Tennessee; home of the Jack and coke. Ive got a "special occasion" bottle that needs to breathe!?!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Awesome! Thanks JRW! I know, I just got my star in Oct, so I pulled the starboard bow cushion out yesterday to take a look and there is not much room...I like your design, looks like you got as much as you could for box size squeezed in there. Look forward to seeing your finished project!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Skier View Post
Well done!

Make it to Tennessee; home of the Jack and coke. Ive got a "special occasion" bottle that needs to breathe!?!
you tell me when and ill be there ill just tell work its "business trip" and see if they will pay for it HAHAHAHAHAHA

At least I now know where i can get special editions that dont get released in australia from