Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3631  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Josephmattison Josephmattison is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 1987 pro star 190 351 Windsor
Location: Southeast
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to Josephmattison
New valve seals rebuilt carb new starter new Johnson raw water pump all new fuel lines new fuel pump rebuilt distributer new plugs and Mallory plug wires new valve cover gaskets painted exhaust manifolds new interior new sound system new decals and most important a new wolf whistle horn lol didn't do this in a day it took around a month but its looks good and runs perfect (1987) MasterCraft Pro Star 190
Reply With Quote
  #3632  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Mark rsa2au's Avatar
Mark rsa2au Mark rsa2au is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Boat: Mastercraft X5 2001. 310hp preditor
Location: Australia
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephmattison View Post
New valve seals rebuilt carb new starter new Johnson raw water pump all new fuel lines new fuel pump rebuilt distributer new plugs and Mallory plug wires new valve cover gaskets painted exhaust manifolds new interior new sound system new decals and most important a new wolf whistle horn lol didn't do this in a day it took around a month but its looks good and runs perfect (1987) MasterCraft Pro Star 190
That's a lot of work! Glad it runs perfectly. Well done!!
Reply With Quote
  #3633  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Dynamite Spike's Avatar
Dynamite Spike Dynamite Spike is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Location: Alabama
Posts: 258
Rewired the trailer (and the wiring to the trailer connector on my truck)
Why is it that trailer wiring is often done so badly? The PO must have no pride in his work...or just had no idea!
I HATE those splices that clip onto an existing wire and cut through the insulation to the wire.
Do it properly or give it to someone who can....or don't do it at all !!!
Reply With Quote
  #3634  
Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
JDC's Avatar
JDC JDC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Location: Indiana
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
Rewired the trailer (and the wiring to the trailer connector on my truck)
Why is it that trailer wiring is often done so badly? The PO must have no pride in his work...or just had no idea!
I HATE those splices that clip onto an existing wire and cut through the insulation to the wire.
Do it properly or give it to someone who can....or don't do it at all !!!
Mine has several of those crappy crimp connectors too. I'm dreading having to redo mine.

The only time anyone should consider using those crimp/cut into the wire connectors is when the connection will be weather protected, like maybe behind the dash for a non critical item. On a trailer that gets dunked in the water?!, just makes you shake your head.

My M/C dealer has a complete wiring harness that uses the coiled cord with the 7 pin round connector to the tow vehicle. I'll probably get that and just start from scratch... one of these days.
__________________
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #3635  
Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM
LaRue's Avatar
LaRue LaRue is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,297
Washed...wiped down seats and interior... vacuumed...fixed light on trailer
Reply With Quote
  #3636  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,888
Over the weekend I replaced all the electrical connectors. I crimped, soldered and shrink-wrapped them all. There were several splices that needed replacing as well as shortened the wire for the Arco starter I installed a couple weeks ago.

I also ran a separate ground wire for the blower. I was getting some feedback coming through the oil and temp gauged. The blower is in the back of my '77 and the existing ground just wasn't enough.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #3637  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,130
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Getting my stuff together to change fuel lines... found a shop in downers grove il, now just need to find a source for fittings... will prolly buy the lines and and and bring old line to fabricator.

going to make 2 fuel lines out of the one so I can have a better union for the in line filter before fuel pump... the hose clamps I have now have me always thinking... even though I like the see through filter of the napa 3003 filter.

thinking hose with fittings to canister filter Napa 23481 then another hose with fittings to fuel pump.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #3638  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Getting my stuff together to change fuel lines... found a shop in downers grove il, now just need to find a source for fittings... will prolly buy the lines and and and bring old line to fabricator.

going to make 2 fuel lines out of the one so I can have a better union for the in line filter before fuel pump... the hose clamps I have now have me always thinking... even though I like the see through filter of the napa 3003 filter.

thinking hose with fittings to canister filter Napa 23481 then another hose with fittings to fuel pump.
Have you ever heard if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
  #3639  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,130
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Have you ever heard if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I also heard of - "maintenance keeps your boat on the water... "
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #3640  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Traxx822's Avatar
Traxx822 Traxx822 is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Location: Chicago SW sub
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I also heard of - "maintenance keeps your boat on the water... "
Really, my boats always in the water. You can't use that one me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
__________________
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.