Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Sure the 190 isn't a wakeboard boat, but it's YOUR BOAT. No need to justify it to us :-)

I am getting a Fly High pole this season, and if I get the Clark Griswold Christmas bonus, I hope to put PerfectPass and a ND tower/racks/cans this winter on our "new" 195.
I had a Fly High pole with my Nautique back in the day. My son loved it for wake boarding.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
I have a Fly High for my boat and am very happy with it.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '02 X-Star. Previous: '98 SportStar, '89 ProStar
I got caught in some rain yesterday so the boat was a mess. I gave her a nice bath this morning and she's sparking like brand new again! Ahhhhh. Now I can rest easy.

Name:  boat.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  98.5 KB
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Xstar
What I did today and a little story of what happened

Well boy do I have a story....4:30 am I hear rain beating down and thunder. Just remembered boat is not covered and drain plug in on the lift. I have been getting around to setting up a bildge with automatic float to deter the rain build up as even covered the boat still takes on water. Soooo I go to pull the plug and raise the boat to let the water out. I get in and raise the boat about a foot and pull the plug, thunder crashes all around and Im soaked after 2 minutes. I hear another crack of thunder and realize its the boat lift cable snapping Boat and all falls to water. I get my bearings as I cant determine if its a bad dream or reality and soon realize its really happening. I scramble to put the plug in but its so dark and raining so bad I fumble for a second. I get it in and start pumping water out of the bildge. Luckily there was no wind so I tied the boat to the dock and raced inside to get rain gear on and hook up the trailer. I wake up my girlfriend who has no idea whats happening and tell her to drive to the launch. I get in the boat and she fires right up. I get 500 ft from the dock and engine alarm goes off beeeepppppppppppp I shut the boat off and wait. starts back up and go another 20 seconds and beeepppppppppp. All gauges look good and first thought is a battery voltage alarm. I have no time to stop and look at the engine compartment as the rain beats down in the pitch black. I go anathor 20 seconds and am now about 200 yrds from the launch. I shut her down and starts right up no warning. I get to the launch and the trailer is not even backed halfway down. I panick.....Finally the trailer gets in and I pull the boat on. Hopefully without to much damage. I picked out the lift frame yesterday and removed snapped cable and sheave. took some pics and sent them to craftlander (who was super helpful and will have the new parts sent out under warranty). I started to work on the boat to find the issue and in fact all batteries are dead or close to it. I charge them all back and think the alternator is shot. I traced all wires to determine any corroded or faulty connections and found the wire from the alt. to the guest isolator is loose and melted, probably why I wasnt charging any batteries while underway. So in short I replaced the isolator and cleaned corroded connections today, along with hooking up a bildge directly wired to battery with float switch. Sorry if there are tons of typos but Im typing as fast as I can!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeml View Post
Well boy do I have a story....4:30 am I hear rain beating down and thunder. Just remembered boat is not covered and drain plug in on the lift. I have been getting around to setting up a bildge with automatic float to deter the rain build up as even covered the boat still takes on water. Soooo I go to pull the plug and raise the boat to let the water out. I get in and raise the boat about a foot and pull the plug, thunder crashes all around and Im soaked after 2 minutes. I hear another crack of thunder and realize its the boat lift cable snapping Boat and all falls to water. I get my bearings as I cant determine if its a bad dream or reality and soon realize its really happening. I scramble to put the plug in but its so dark and raining so bad I fumble for a second. I get it in and start pumping water out of the bildge. Luckily there was no wind so I tied the boat to the dock and raced inside to get rain gear on and hook up the trailer. I wake up my girlfriend who has no idea whats happening and tell her to drive to the launch. I get in the boat and she fires right up. I get 500 ft from the dock and engine alarm goes off beeeepppppppppppp I shut the boat off and wait. starts back up and go another 20 seconds and beeepppppppppp. All gauges look good and first thought is a battery voltage alarm. I have no time to stop and look at the engine compartment as the rain beats down in the pitch black. I go anathor 20 seconds and am now about 200 yrds from the launch. I shut her down and starts right up no warning. I get to the launch and the trailer is not even backed halfway down. I panick.....Finally the trailer gets in and I pull the boat on. Hopefully without to much damage. I picked out the lift frame yesterday and removed snapped cable and sheave. took some pics and sent them to craftlander (who was super helpful and will have the new parts sent out under warranty). I started to work on the boat to find the issue and in fact all batteries are dead or close to it. I charge them all back and think the alternator is shot. I traced all wires to determine any corroded or faulty connections and found the wire from the alt. to the guest isolator is loose and melted, probably why I wasnt charging any batteries while underway. So in short I replaced the isolator and cleaned corroded connections today, along with hooking up a bildge directly wired to battery with float switch. Sorry if there are tons of typos but Im typing as fast as I can!

LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Sheeeeeesh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
No sheesh!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Not today... but over the last 3 weeks I busted to get to this point:

Before

After

Before

After
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Yikes is right! This makes me want to get the auto bilge on my boat set up. My worst fear is that the cover springs a leak during a big storm and the boat gets real heavy like yours did. Sounds like an exciting night! Glad you didn't get hurt when the cable snapped.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catamount View Post
Yikes is right! This makes me want to get the auto bilge on my boat set up. My worst fear is that the cover springs a leak during a big storm and the boat gets real heavy like yours did. Sounds like an exciting night! Glad you didn't get hurt when the cable snapped.
Just for clarification's sake, that wasn't he with the harrowing ordeal - that was jdeml (post #3374). All the more reason to have a functioning auto bilge pump. Maybe even two.