Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
yes, it does, complete with nonskid surface. Now all I need is a soap caddy for the transom.

Thanks! I canít wait to get the season started!

Thanks! Yeah I was, thatís why I had it modded to be a 3 piece as opposed to a single. While skiing, weíll remove that center section and theres a spot to step over.

Been a lot of years since the rear seat was in there, I forgot how small the interior of that boat was until I was in it last night...
Did ya add a live-well? oh wrong thread...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Did ya add a live-well? oh wrong thread...
Kyle's coming up with a design to convert the ski locker!

Actually, I wonder how many on here use that ski locker and for what? I would like to clean it up nicely and plug it up to use for something, just don't know what i'd put in there.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Snow day for the kids today so stayed up last night and worked on the floor panel that sits just behind the dog house...

I wanted to be able to remove the dog house when necessary to clean the bilge or work on the motor or whatever. I did not like the fact that the dog house only opened so far with the gas shocks and if I removed them, I would have to basically stand the dog house up vertically which then it had to be secured so it did not fall.

The PO had installed a piece of pretty heavy diamond plat under the floor panel as a backing for the hinges.

I wanted to be able to just unscrew the hinges and remove the motor box without having to mess with the screws that were there with the nylon nuts...what a pita as I had to remove the dog house and panel at the same time or try to reach underneath to access the screws.

So here is what I came up with...still need to clean everything but at least you get the idea...hinges seem secured very well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rockman; 03-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Snow day for the kids today so stayed up last night and worked on the floor panel that sits just behind the dog house...

I wanted to be able to remove the dog house when necessary to clean the bilge or work on the motor or whatever. I did not like the fact that the dog house only opened so far with the gas shocks and if I removed them, I would have to basically stand the dog house up vertically which then it had to be secured so it did not fall.

The PO had installed a piece of pretty heavy diamond plat under the floor panel as a backing for the hinges.

I wanted to be able to just unscrew the hinges and remove the motor box without having to mess with the screws that were there with the nylon nuts...what a pita as I had to remove the dog house and panel at the same time or try to reach underneath to access the screws.

So here is what I came up with...still need to clean everything but at least you get the idea...hinges seem secured very well.
Nice work... those teeny screws are joke for long term use. I think I was able to save my panel last fall. I beefed my up a bit... but I like what you have done. I like your idea to be able to remove the dog house to enable the MCOCD...
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Nice work... those teeny screws are joke for long term use. I think I was able to save my panel last fall. I beefed my up a bit... but I like what you have done. I like your idea to be able to remove the dog house to enable the MCOCD...
I hate those nylon nuts when used in the wrong application...the ones on the hinges for the dog house were pretty bad but I will just use them until I can get new ones...hinges are scratched a bit but $30 a piece, no way...I will just clean them and re-install.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
I hate those nylon nuts when used in the wrong application...the ones on the hinges for the dog house were pretty bad but I will just use them until I can get new ones...hinges are scratched a bit but $30 a piece, no way...I will just clean them and re-install.
No way - those aren't scratches...it's a patina from days of fun... that is earned
Old 03-05-2013, 06:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
John, you didn't need to go through all that work. Pop the two shocks off and roll the engine hatch straight back with the panel still attached and it lands perfectly upside down on the sun pad. I did it on my '96 and do the same thing on my '07. Its a one man operation. However, I think my '96 had 2 or 4 screws in the floor to the stringers. 'O7 has nothing.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Brushed more snow off the boat.
Attached Images

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
John, you didn't need to go through all that work. Pop the two shocks off and roll the engine hatch straight back with the panel still attached and it lands perfectly upside down on the sun pad. I did it on my '96 and do the same thing on my '07. Its a one man operation. However, I think my '96 had 2 or 4 screws in the floor to the stringers. 'O7 has nothing.
Now ya tell me!

I would still have to pull out the 4 screws that hold the panel to the stringers then...I guess that is really the only difference.

Come on Cameron, 6 inches of snow here today...had to do something!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
No way - those aren't scratches...it's a patina from days of fun... that is earned
That's a good story and I am stickin' to it!.