Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Nice - make sure u start a new before/after post...

Where in the southwest are you?
I would not consider where I live to be the Southwest but that is where it put me. I am in Utah. I have pics that I am resizing right now to post.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
For some reason, I've heard that Costco has some real good batteries and better warranty. I just replaced our dinky Lexus battery with a Costco one. Dealer and Napa wanted $130 for a 2yr warranty battery and pro-rated past that. Costco was $69 for same size and 3 yr warranty, then pro rated.
I'm running some deep cycle marine/rv batteries from costco for my stereo bank. They were around $80 each and are 115Ah. They have a 1 year free replacement warranty and are prorated after that.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 mastercraft prostar 190
Hell Yea !!!!! Tell Em!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
For some reason, I've heard that Costco has some real good batteries and better warranty. I just replaced our dinky Lexus battery with a Costco one. Dealer and Napa wanted $130 for a 2yr warranty battery and pro-rated past that. Costco was $69 for same size and 3 yr warranty, then pro rated.

Costco are free replacement for 3 years or at least they were last fall. I bought an old diesel with 2 Costco batteries that were right at 3 years old by the mfg date sticker.
Truck had sat for a long time, they were weak and wouldn't hold a charge, prolly not the batteries' fault. I got free replacements and didn't even purchase them originally. And with Costco's liberal return policy they didn't even load test them first, just handed me the cash and I bought 2 more.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-01-2013, 07:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
What is the big deal with optima batteries?

My yellow top optima has lasted 6 fill years and this summer is year 7.

Saturdays and Sundays I use it and drain it until discharged enough to not crank the engine. Flip to the secondary battery and recharge for a while. Then at night it goes on a charger to fully recharge it.

My optimas are on trickle charge most of the time.

Why do I love my optimas and everyone else hates them. I love how long I can really abuse them with a stereo that hammers them all day. They generally last 4 hours or so before not being able to start the boat. But I've never been not able to jam out all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
I've had awesome luck with optima batteries.. I own 4 of them, 2 in my 71 which gets ran about 1 hour a month, 1 in the boat (just got in December, not even hooked up yet) and I have 1 just setting around on my toolbox just because I don't have anywhere to put it. It will probably end up in the boat though. I know of tons of Optimas around with very little problems. I replaced one for a customer that was at least 14 years old and it had never let them down, it just got replaced as a preventative measure

Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I know its a little late but TxsRiverRat your new interior looks great man. I'm getting my interior redone right now as well. Hope to have a staring problem with my boat soon, as well.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X1
Replaced the blower. Need to replace the little light on the switch. Anybody know where to get one and how to replace it?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I found a way to stay in Texas. Told my vendor to ship me up there during the summer not when I have to freeze my ars off during winter.

He said fine. I was like a Metallica "YEAH"
Funny, I was in Houston this past week. I thought it was freaking cold, well for Houston anyways.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Maristar 200 VRS
Installed pad on swim pad. Previously the platform pad was missing, there was a ton of old adhesive to scrape off before installing pad. Good project though, my five year old daughter was out there with me, cleaning the boat while I stripped the platform. Happy Saturday!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362296575.322035.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  37.6 KB