Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Whatever became of your trip to MN?
I found a way to stay in Texas. Told my vendor to ship me up there during the summer not when I have to freeze my ars off during winter.

He said fine. I was like a Metallica "YEAH"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I found a way to stay in Texas. Told my vendor to ship me up there during the summer not when I have to freeze my ars off during winter.

He said fine. I was like a Metallica "YEAH"
I get to go up to the frigid north - on march -14 - 16 - rogers, mn...soooo excited..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Quote:
What's next......Cheetos and Grape Crush?
Red Gatorade.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
There we go!!!! first shoes on the bow and now pizza in the boat!!! I can take this anymore...

Quote:
What's next......Cheetos and Grape Crush?

What can I say. When you don't have a bunch of kids running around you can eat whatever you want on the boat. I love me some Cheetos and a coke.

I use my boat. Yes I ocasionally step on upholstery even with shoes on. It wipes off. Generally I stay off of the gel but I had to that day. Seriously the boat is so slick that socks or trying to crawl would result in being in the drink.

I'd be willing to bet that you guys would have a real hard time finding a cooler and cleaner '93 190 than mine. I take excellent care of it but I use it. I have fun in it. I could never be so OCD that no one would want to go out. I've met that guy before and his boat was no way near as clean.

I can guarantee that there is not a waterspot on her though.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
What can I say. When you don't have a bunch of kids running around you can eat whatever you want on the boat. I love me some Cheetos and a coke.

I use my boat. Yes I ocasionally step on upholstery even with shoes on. It wipes off. Generally I stay off of the gel but I had to that day. Seriously the boat is so slick that socks or trying to crawl would result in being in the drink.

I'd be willing to bet that you guys would have a real hard time finding a cooler and cleaner '93 190 than mine. I take excellent care of it but I use it. I have fun in it. I could never be so OCD that no one would want to go out. I've met that guy before and his boat was no way near as clean.

you're killing me...

I vote Kyle the most fun person to go skiing and have a few after words... the dog house reference takes the post to close to the line -

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
you're killing me...

I vote Kyle the most fun person to go skiing and have a few after words... the dog house reference takes the post to close to the line -
You have to meet Taylor taymc197 then. The young man is the same or worse.

He has a gold fish or cheezits cracker story that's hilarious. The boy can really throw a tantrum over spilled box of snacks. I sill laugh and it happend last summer. .

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
You have to meet Taylor taymc197 then. The young man is the same or worse.

He has a gold fish or cheezits cracker story that's hilarious. The boy can really throw a tantrum over spilled box of snacks. I sill laugh and it happend last summer.
ooo I remember that story - I believe it was posted here...

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post

One thing that I am going to need asap is a new battery.

Does is make sense for me to get a blue optima battery for $200 or just a regular $100 deep cell like a Die Hard or Interstate?

Any suggestions?
Anything BUT Optima!
Maybe I'm just unlucky, but bought a red top for the old Prostar. It lasted exactly 2 seasons then dead as a doornail in the spring.
Got it warrantied (3yr warranty) figured it was becasue I didn't maintian the battery. Next one lasted exactly 2 seasons and dead! With a maintainer on it in the off season.
Got a 3rd one, warranty, used it a year and put it in my old Jeep. Rarely gets run, rarely gets charged or maintained, left out in the cold in CO for a winter. That one is probably 5 years old and still going strong.
After that one showed that it might hold up, I bought a blue top Optima for the house battery in my X2. 100% on a maintainer. Lasted exactly 2 seasons and dead, wouldnt charge. 2 yr warranty on that one was expired.
I'm 1 for 4 on Optimas. Wouldn't waste my $ on them.
If you're looking for a top of the line AGM battery, I got an Odyssey that is about 5 years old and going strong. It's paired with a 2 yr old same model Odyssey and they seem to get along.
Otherwise for lead acid batteries, I've had great luck with OE Delco batteries from GM and Diehards.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
What can I say.

Don't start taking us seriously, unless I refer to you as a girlscout for being afraid of a little cold.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Don't start taking us seriously, unless I refer to you as a girlscout for being afraid of a little cold.
+1 ^^ -