Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2481  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Whatever became of your trip to MN?
I found a way to stay in Texas. Told my vendor to ship me up there during the summer not when I have to freeze my ars off during winter.

He said fine. I was like a Metallica "YEAH"
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #2482  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,744
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I found a way to stay in Texas. Told my vendor to ship me up there during the summer not when I have to freeze my ars off during winter.

He said fine. I was like a Metallica "YEAH"
I get to go up to the frigid north - on march -14 - 16 - rogers, mn...soooo excited..
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #2483  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM
jhall0711's Avatar
jhall0711 jhall0711 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Boat: None
Location: C-Bus/Akron
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
What's next......Cheetos and Grape Crush?
Red Gatorade.
Reply With Quote
  #2484  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
There we go!!!! first shoes on the bow and now pizza in the boat!!! I can take this anymore...



Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
What's next......Cheetos and Grape Crush?


What can I say. When you don't have a bunch of kids running around you can eat whatever you want on the boat. I love me some Cheetos and a coke.


I use my boat. Yes I ocasionally step on upholstery even with shoes on. It wipes off. Generally I stay off of the gel but I had to that day. Seriously the boat is so slick that socks or trying to crawl would result in being in the drink.

I'd be willing to bet that you guys would have a real hard time finding a cooler and cleaner '93 190 than mine. I take excellent care of it but I use it. I have fun in it. I could never be so OCD that no one would want to go out. I've met that guy before and his boat was no way near as clean.

I can guarantee that there is not a waterspot on her though.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2485  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,744
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
What can I say. When you don't have a bunch of kids running around you can eat whatever you want on the boat. I love me some Cheetos and a coke.



I use my boat. Yes I ocasionally step on upholstery even with shoes on. It wipes off. Generally I stay off of the gel but I had to that day. Seriously the boat is so slick that socks or trying to crawl would result in being in the drink.

I'd be willing to bet that you guys would have a real hard time finding a cooler and cleaner '93 190 than mine. I take excellent care of it but I use it. I have fun in it. I could never be so OCD that no one would want to go out. I've met that guy before and his boat was no way near as clean.

I can guarantee that there is not a waterspot on her though.

you're killing me...



I vote Kyle the most fun person to go skiing and have a few after words... the dog house reference takes the post to close to the line -
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2486  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
you're killing me...



I vote Kyle the most fun person to go skiing and have a few after words... the dog house reference takes the post to close to the line -
You have to meet Taylor taymc197 then. The young man is the same or worse.

He has a gold fish or cheezits cracker story that's hilarious. The boy can really throw a tantrum over spilled box of snacks. I sill laugh and it happend last summer. .
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2487  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,744
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You have to meet Taylor taymc197 then. The young man is the same or worse.

He has a gold fish or cheezits cracker story that's hilarious. The boy can really throw a tantrum over spilled box of snacks. I sill laugh and it happend last summer.
ooo I remember that story - I believe it was posted here...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2488  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Thrall's Avatar
Thrall Thrall is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Location: Eagle River, AK!
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post


One thing that I am going to need asap is a new battery.

Does is make sense for me to get a blue optima battery for $200 or just a regular $100 deep cell like a Die Hard or Interstate?

Any suggestions?
Anything BUT Optima!
Maybe I'm just unlucky, but bought a red top for the old Prostar. It lasted exactly 2 seasons then dead as a doornail in the spring.
Got it warrantied (3yr warranty) figured it was becasue I didn't maintian the battery. Next one lasted exactly 2 seasons and dead! With a maintainer on it in the off season.
Got a 3rd one, warranty, used it a year and put it in my old Jeep. Rarely gets run, rarely gets charged or maintained, left out in the cold in CO for a winter. That one is probably 5 years old and still going strong.
After that one showed that it might hold up, I bought a blue top Optima for the house battery in my X2. 100% on a maintainer. Lasted exactly 2 seasons and dead, wouldnt charge. 2 yr warranty on that one was expired.
I'm 1 for 4 on Optimas. Wouldn't waste my $ on them.
If you're looking for a top of the line AGM battery, I got an Odyssey that is about 5 years old and going strong. It's paired with a 2 yr old same model Odyssey and they seem to get along.
Otherwise for lead acid batteries, I've had great luck with OE Delco batteries from GM and Diehards.
__________________
'06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Reply With Quote
  #2489  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
What can I say.
I use my boat. Yes I ocasionally step on upholstery even with shoes on. It wipes off. Generally I stay off of the gel but I had to that day. Seriously the boat is so slick that socks or trying to crawl would result in being in the drink.

I'd be willing to bet that you guys would have a real hard time finding a cooler and cleaner '93 190 than mine. I take excellent care of it but I use it. I have fun in it. I could never be so OCD that no one would want to go out. I've met that guy before and his boat was no way near as clean.

I can guarantee that there is not a waterspot on her though.
Don't start taking us seriously, unless I refer to you as a girlscout for being afraid of a little cold.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com

Last edited by pram; 03-03-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2490  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,744
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Don't start taking us seriously, unless I refer to you as a girlscout for being afraid of a little cold.
+1 ^^ -
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.