Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2451  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,429
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
LMFAO

Notice the shine on the bow of the boat. If I were to wear socks, I would probably slip and fall down on the bow possibly hurting the boat and then sliding off into the cold lake.

Trust me


There were no scratches left on the boat.
too funny...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #2452  
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by swardco View Post
TxsRiverRat, are there more pix of your new interior anywhere?

Went out to the boat stall last night to do some minor stuff, I made sure I had my good high res camera with me so I could capture the amazing work the upholsterer did on my boat...

Every time I go to the boat stall now, I just sit there looking at the boat, not believing itís mine... Like when I bought it...

So looking forward to enjoying it and of course showing it off a little








__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #2453  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Went out to the boat stall last night to do some minor stuff, I made sure I had my good high res camera with me so I could capture the amazing work the upholsterer did on my boat...

Every time I go to the boat stall now, I just sit there looking at the boat, not believing itís mine... Like when I bought it...

So looking forward to enjoying it and of course showing it off a little








Seriously beautiful work.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #2454  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Seriously beautiful work.
Thank You Peter


It has been a real fun project and Mark has learned a lot.

Although it did take a week to "SELL" or convince him to go with the carbon fiber and the colors. After the week of MCOCD of yes, no, yes, maybe, no, no, no, yes, no, JUST DO IT.... that it took to get the go ahead on the carbon and the colors things started moving forward. After I sent him pics of the first piece that was re done he seriously had MCOCD EXTREME and talked to me every day about the new boat.

We have a few tid bits left but it is really coming around. I need him to put some tire shine on the tires after we wash and wax it in a few weeks.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #2455  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Thank You Peter


It has been a real fun project and Mark has learned a lot.
That's what it's all about. I don't think I could ever be without a MC to be working on. Fortunately my boat will keep me plenty busy for the near future. If I ever come to the point where my boat is finished, I will have another project in no time.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #2456  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,429
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Kyle - did you do the sewing?
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #2457  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
That's what it's all about. I don't think I could ever be without a MC to be working on. Fortunately my boat will keep me plenty busy for the near future. If I ever come to the point where my boat is finished, I will have another project in no time.
My boat is finished per say but I keep getting more and more MC's to work on.

Phantomski with the new 330hp engine, RiverRat new cam and full restore, TravisX9 full restore


I will post up some pics of the X9. New upholstery like Marks, underwater lights (3), new wetsounds up on the tower, new style stainless insert and rub rail, wetsand the entire boat and removed the vinyl stickers of a man wakeboarding through hell and put on some clasic new style lettering, etc. That black x9 is beautiful as well.


I need to start charging for my huge projects that I take on. All of the pro bono work could make me tons of money....
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #2458  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Kyle - did you do the sewing?
No, I have a lady that does all of my project boats. I send the upholstery to her in NOV and pic it up in FEB or MAR. It is cash under the table work and she fits it in. It is a mom and pop shop and I get a smoking deal. I drop it off and pick it up with cash folding money. I have done 4 other boats that are not on here and are not MC's. She does great work.


I took it out and took it to my lady. Then I put it back in. I cant take all of the credit.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #2459  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I need to start charging for my huge projects that I take on. All of the pro bono work could make me tons of money....
You can't charge family.

Thank you Kyle for all your help, would not have been possible without you.

And yes, the upholstery lady is an ARTIST - it's so incredibly nice, you just sit there staring at it in awe... Like I said, between the upholstery, the bimini and the upgrades to the trailer, we have an almost brand new 93 Prostar...

And another member to the MCOCD club.
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #2460  
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,429
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
You can't charge family.

Thank you Kyle for all your help, would not have been possible without you.

And yes, the upholstery lady is an ARTIST - it's so incredibly nice, you just sit there staring at it in awe... Like I said, between the upholstery, the bimini and the upgrades to the trailer, we have an almost brand new 93 Prostar...

And another member to the MCOCD club.
Yeah you can... lol.... crack the wallet rat
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.