Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Work I did today on TxsRiverRat boat

Installed new steering cable. Cleaned rudder assembly, the cable tube and grease fittings. Re installed rear floor.

Off to HD for zip ties as the dealer who installed the perfect pass threw all of the wires behind the dash and kick panel by driver feet. Total half a$$ install. Going to clean up the wires etc.

Also while at HD the same dealer installed a depth gauge off of acc2. I'm moving that to the ignition switch and re connecting all of acc2 wires back up so that the acc2 will be a free switch for lights later on.

I also removed 3 sets of wires running from the bow to the stern that were dead wires. Nothing connected on either end. Pulled out that rats nest and cleaned up factory wiring to wjere it should go.

Meanwhile TxsRiverRat is MIA or doing holiday stuff today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-24-2012, 04:03 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Work I did today on TxsRiverRat boat

Installed new steering cable. Cleaned rudder assembly, the cable tube and grease fittings. Re installed rear floor.

Off to HD for zip ties as the dealer who installed the perfect pass threw all of the wires behind the dash and kick panel by driver feet. Total half a$$ install. Going to clean up the wires etc.

Also while at HD the same dealer installed a depth gauge off of acc2. I'm moving that to the ignition switch and re connecting all of acc2 wires back up so that the acc2 will be a free switch for lights later on.

I also removed 3 sets of wires running from the bow to the stern that were dead wires. Nothing connected on either end. Pulled out that rats nest and cleaned up factory wiring to wjere it should go.

Meanwhile TxsRiverRat is MIA or doing holiday stuff today.

Rat bringing beer later?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Kyle thanks! It's getting done tomorrow!

Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2012, 06:08 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Rat bringing beer later?
No unfortunately not.

He owes a lot of beer

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Hid some Christmas presents in it!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Kyle thanks! It's getting done tomorrow!

Tapatalk
That smart Texan Kyle has spoken words of truth on the board shine. One thing I will comment from my mileage and $0.02 is to be sure and wipe the excess after half of an hour or close to that time. Don't let it set, thinking you want to get is all soaked in. That is the point of success for that mixture. Wipe it off and let it sit overnight before another application on that one side. I applied a second (lighter applied) coat in the same manner after letting it sit for two days (to fully dry). I am sold on the mixture, although I cut it 75/25. I have used it one full season now with no regards to how I use a platform. I do not pamper one, nor do I shine one like a Negro spit shine. Mine still looks very nice as it did on day one. I'll not got back to teak oil concoction. All I ever do to a platform is wash it off each spring. This one will not need anything for a while. I was surprised as to how nice it turned out.

Attached Images

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 12-24-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:27 PM
MC Maniac

So I'm just getting back from HD

Let me explain my day.

I get a lot of the to do list done today with his boat. His upholstery is out getting redone so I'm limited. Anyway I drive across town and go get an amp that I have in my storage that he wants to buy from me. It was an extra amp that I used a hand full of times (was in another toy) and I brought it home to play around in his boat. I stop by his storage and grabbed new valve covers and the speakers that were in the boat.

I notice a Tahoe boat with engine cover up and 5 gallons of anti freeze on the back deck. No one was around so I grabbed rats stuff and waited on the owner to show back up. I said if he is not here in 10 min then I'm gone.

The dude rolls up and was in a frantic hurry. He jumps out of his explorer with a new boat battery and hooks it up. I ask are you winterizing and he says yes. I said you need to warm that engine before adding the anti freeze. He proceeds to start the boat dry. I stop him. I said you need a lot of water to warm up that 5.7L engine. There is no running water at this storage.

Explain the dry impeller would be destroyed. He has a freak out melt down. I'm like whats wrong dude. He said its Xmas eve I need to buy my gf a gift and I have been effing with this gd boat since 9a. It is meanwhile 3:45p. And it's supposed to freeze for the next few days.

I tell him hook up to the boat and go to the lake. He says ok. I help him hook up. The guy is in a hurry and not real mechanically inclined but knew enough to change out the battery. I follow him to the lake. Dropped the boat in and brought it up to operating temp.

He bought a 5g bucket and had a bulk head fitting with a hose running to the lower unit on the clamp style ears to run on a hose without running water.

We filled up the bucket with 5g of antifreeze rv style and ran the boat in the parking lot at the ramp.

He was very pleased and calm when it drank all 5g of antifreeze. I checked the exhaust and the pink fluid was running out at 2.5 gallons but I said just run all 5 gallons. We shut the boat off.

He said you saved me so much time. I was going to go home to run it on the hose and do this.

I said sir you don't have that kind of time. This way allows you to go put the boat away and find a gift for your gf.

He said thank you so much.

Told him where I normally hang out on the lake and I hope to see you having fun next year. He agreed.

Told him merry Xmas and left.

So while driving home I was thinking. I bet he will never think there is another A$$hole with a Mastercraft.

Anyway that was my afternoon.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Kyle; 12-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Good job Kyle! Gold star for that one!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
That smart Texan Kyle has spoken words of truth on the board shine. One thing I will comment from my mileage and $0.02 is to be sure and wipe the excess after half of an hour or close to that time. Don't let it set, thinking you want to get is all soaked in. That is the point of success for that mixture. Wipe it off and let it sit overnight before another application on that one side. I applied a second (lighter applied) coat in the same manner after letting it sit for two days (to fully dry). I am sold on the mixture, although I cut it 75/25. I have used it one full season now with no regards to how I use a platform. I do not pamper one, nor do I shine one like a Negro spit shine. Mine still looks very nice as it did on day one. I'll not got back to teak oil concoction. All I ever do to a platform is wash it off each spring. This one will not need anything for a while. I was surprised as to how nice it turned out.

Nice teak world platform.

I like it

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Cloaked, thanks for the input! Seeing how this is my first try at this anything helps. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours looks!

Tapatalk