Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Like that takes a lot this time of year.
Right.

Hey I'm going to be up in Minneapolis Minnesota late January. I'll get exact dates soon. Work trip with my business partner. We need to grab a beer. I want to check some chit out while I'm there. What's cool to do in January up there besides play b00bies and get drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Right.

Hey I'm going to be up in Minneapolis Minnesota late January. I'll get exact dates soon. Work trip with my business partner. We need to grab a beer. I want to check some chit out while I'm there. What's cool to do in January up there besides play b00bies and get drunk?

Going out for a beer or three would be great. Let me know as soon as you know as I tend to be out of town a fair amount of the weekends in January and February.

There is always ice fishing and snowmobiling, but so far this isn't much of a winter. There is a new flight simulator at the Mall of America http://www.flyaces.com/. I'm sure we could come up with something to do.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Going out for a beer or three would be great. Let me know as soon as you know as I tend to be out of town a fair amount of the weekends in January and February.

There is always ice fishing and snowmobiling, but so far this isn't much of a winter. There is a new flight simulator at the Mall of America http://www.flyaces.com/. I'm sure we could come up with something to do.
Iirc it's a mon-wed or thurs.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 AM
MC Maniac

Peter

Do take into mind. Texans don't have the need for winter clothes. If its 5* outside up there I'm going to be inside.

When its 30's here people forget how to drive, turn their good attitude to a foul one, or stay inside. We are used to 3 months of over 100* days where there are heat warnings etc, most of us are not good with cold weather.

I can assure you, I do not have the proper attire for ice anything lol.

It's like our winter coats are your wind jackets. I have 4 long sleeved shirts that are not dress shirts. There is no need for long sleeves here. Short sleeves and maybe a jacket but no need for heavy clothes.

The kind of weather that you have makes me fear heading north not prepared.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Peter

Do take into mind. Texans don't have the need for winter clothes. If its 5* outside up there I'm going to be inside.

Hope it isn't 10 below along with a 40mph wind... Was like that for an evening last year when I was up in Rogers, MN..in March.... Was 40 the day before... yikes...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Peter

When its 30's here people forget how to drive, turn their good attitude to a foul one, or stay inside. We are used to 3 months of over 100* days where there are heat warnings etc, most of us are not good with cold weather.

I can assure you, I do not have the proper attire for ice anything lol.

It's like our winter coats are your wind jackets. I have 4 long sleeved shirts that are not dress shirts. There is no need for long sleeves here. Short sleeves and maybe a jacket but no need for heavy clothes.

I always throw the ice fishing and snowmobiling at guys coming from warmer climates. Average temp in St. Paul in mid-January is a high of 24 and a low of 7. The coldest January recorded temp is -41

I'm sure we can find something to do indoors. Boat Show is the last weekend in January. A trip to Midwest Mastercraft is always an adventure.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW160 View Post
I spent some time Sunday getting ready to do some gelcoat repairs. 3 of my cleats have spider cracks around them, so I pulled the cleats and removed all of the cracked gelcoat with a dremel. The cleats were a pain to remove because I put some blue loctite on them at the beginning of the summer. I still have to get the forward port cleat off and take care of the cracks around it. It's the most difficult one to get to, so I'm not looking forward to that.

Will you just respray gel? Also, what brand are you using? Did you not have a backing plate for the cleats?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Will you just respray gel? Also, what brand are you using? Did you not have a backing plate for the cleats?
I'm going to fill it in using a patch kit from spectrum color. The cleats have the factory glassed in backing plates. I used them to tie up to other boats in a pretty busy river. I think the spider cracks showed up due to the stress from passing boat wakes. I started using the eyes on the transom this year. They seem to be a lot stronger.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW160 View Post
I spent some time Sunday getting ready to do some gelcoat repairs. 3 of my cleats have spider cracks around them, so I pulled the cleats and removed all of the cracked gelcoat with a dremel. The cleats were a pain to remove because I put some blue loctite on them at the beginning of the summer. I still have to get the forward port cleat off and take care of the cracks around it. It's the most difficult one to get to, so I'm not looking forward to that.

Awesome work! Please post pics when you are done.. I have the same issues around my cleats from the PO.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg View Post
Awesome work! Please post pics when you are done.. I have the same issues around my cleats from the PO.
I will. This is my first time repairing gelcoat, so hopefully it will turn out well.