Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Nothin, but I did get in it and look around and think of what my of season projects are.......
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Finally got my tower welded up. Man what a job. It took 8hours of setting up with clamps, spot welding then finishing off. Still haven't done the wiring for the tower light or polished it. Didn't end up with the finish on the welds I wanted and the welds are not as neatly done as a ND from the factory. Ended up being 1470mm off the floor of the boat. I dropped the rails a little to line up with the windshield better, and kept the front of the upper tower straight instead curved like ND has theirs. Wayne stuffed up the length of the legs on the back of the upper tower but this meant the break was a bit higher, so when I fold it down it is only 6" higher than the windshield. Thanks for trying to find the tube for me Cloaked. Have Fun PS. that is me shadow man!
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2012, 09:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
Does anyone know the origins of that super cool hinge system? It looked a bit smart for a off the cuff home made jobby. Would love to know where it came from. Have fun.
I was cleaning out some stuff in the garage today and found a stack of old MC brochures...in one of the brochures, they showed a picture of the motor box that actually raised up in 2 sections (top only and entire motor box)...that hinge system was in the picture of the brochure so I am think MC had it made for those year(s).
Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 PM
MC Maniac

Peter,

That came out good! I like the boat on that tandem trailer...looks sweet!

What kind of rims and tires do you have?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Finally got my tower welded up. Man what a job. It took 8hours of setting up with clamps, spot welding then finishing off. Still haven't done the wiring for the tower light or polished it. Didn't end up with the finish on the welds I wanted and the welds are not as neatly done as a ND from the factory. Ended up being 1470mm off the floor of the boat. I dropped the rails a little to line up with the windshield better, and kept the front of the upper tower straight instead curved like ND has theirs. Wayne stuffed up the length of the legs on the back of the upper tower but this meant the break was a bit higher, so when I fold it down it is only 6" higher than the windshield. Thanks for trying to find the tube for me Cloaked. Have Fun PS. that is me shadow man!
Tower came out nice!! Good work!!

Sent from my wife's old iPad using Tapatalk....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99' Sportstar
Yea there are mounts for 2 sets of gas shocks. I don't have any functioning right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Quote:
Peter,

The tower looks great! Nice work. I really like the lines. Having the straight front bar looks good, maybe even better. I had to look at a photo of mine to figure out which bend yours doesn't have. It must be nice to be past the phase where you're lying up at night worrying about how to make it right?

Sorry I didn't get you the photo's and measurements you asked about. My boat is packed away for the winter and I haven't had a chance get to it yet. It looks like you did fine without them. If there's anything you still need just let me know.

Did you end up ahead financially in the end, doing the kit instead of the shipping?

Kevin
Old 11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McKevin View Post
Peter,

The tower looks great! Nice work. I really like the lines. Having the straight front bar looks good, maybe even better. I had to look at a photo of mine to figure out which bend yours doesn't have. It must be nice to be past the phase where you're lying up at night worrying about how to make it right?

Sorry I didn't get you the photo's and measurements you asked about. My boat is packed away for the winter and I haven't had a chance get to it yet. It looks like you did fine without them. If there's anything you still need just let me know.

Did you end up ahead financially in the end, doing the kit instead of the shipping?

Kevin
I am nearly at the end of this venture. If Wayne at ND had supplied the correct parts it wouldn't have been too bad, but the upper rear of the tower had the wrong bends and was too short. The whole upper tower was marked 02'-08' 197 so I had to re-roll this piece and source some more aluminium for the bottom curved legs. Wayne didn't cooperate at all with trying to help out. There is no way in hell I would take this on again and it probably cost me $500 more than a complete tower freighted over here to OZ. I haven't finished glassing in the mounts yet and plan to put some bigger plates in to spread the load over a larger area of the deck. I am starting to sleep better now.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Peter,

That came out good! I like the boat on that tandem trailer...looks sweet!

What kind of rims and tires do you have?
Hi Rockman, Excuse how dirty the boat/trailer is, I had only just got back from a 7 hour trip with it. The rims are a Speedy Cobalt, locally made here in OZ and the tyres (tires for your benefit) are Bridgestone Turanza 225/60*16. Just fit under the guards! Anybody want my old rims??
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Hi Rockman, Excuse how dirty the boat/trailer is, I had only just got back from a 7 hour trip with it. The rims are a Speedy Cobalt, locally made here in OZ and the tyres (tires for your benefit) are Bridgestone Turanza 225/60*16. Just fit under the guards! Anybody want my old rims??
If you were in the states, I would say yes to the rims!