Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
nice work...
Looks very effective.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I ended up making an impeller puller - http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38397. I did not want to spend $$$ on something that should be so simple. It is short enough that it lets you easily get between the impeller housing and the transom (and other stuff mounted back there). Disassembled, it takes up little room in the tool box. I end up not using the metal strap anymore. I don't like the idea of prying against the impeller housing. As you mention, not really enough room back there to get a hold of it with pliers. Gives just enough grip to squeeze and pull. As other posts mention, a little squart of dish soap, a bump of the starter before removal makes it much easier. You should be able to get it down to a 1 beer job.
Thank you for posting this! Brilliant!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I ended up making an impeller puller - http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38397. I did not want to spend $$$ on something that should be so simple. It is short enough that it lets you easily get between the impeller housing and the transom (and other stuff mounted back there). Disassembled, it takes up little room in the tool box. I end up not using the metal strap anymore. I don't like the idea of prying against the impeller housing. As you mention, not really enough room back there to get a hold of it with pliers. Gives just enough grip to squeeze and pull. As other posts mention, a little squart of dish soap, a bump of the starter before removal makes it much easier. You should be able to get it down to a 1 beer job.
Dr. Frankenstein I presume? Well done!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Installed a new blower and fixed the blower hose until I can pull the tank and run all new hoses.

Installed new bilge pump and re-installed the metal shock attachments on the floor...previous owner had removed them and the shocks were toasted. Have new shocks to install once I make some changes to the floor panel behind the motor box to easily remove the motor box without having to remove the rear panel at the same time.

I figured out the wacky wiring job the PO had done...re-wired the courtesy light under the passenger seat and then installed a secondary light.

Removed the rear vents and sanded down...hoping to paint and re-install tomorrow.

Found a crack in the bracket holding the alternator...gonna try to track down a replacement for both brackets tomorrow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rockman; 11-15-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Installed a new blower and fixed the blower hose until I can pull the tank and run all new hoses.

Installed new bilge pump and re-installed the metal shock attachments on the floor...previous owner had removed them and the shocks were toasted. Have new shocks to install once I make some changes to the floor panel behind the motor box to easily remove the motor box without having to remove the rear panel at the same time.

I figured out the wacky wiring job the PO had done...re-wired the courtesy light under the passenger seat and then installed a secondary light.

Removed the rear vents and sanded down...hoping to paint and re-install tomorrow.

Found a crack in the bracket holding the alternator...gonna try to track down a replacement for both brackets tomorrow.
Looks great rock..check post 1982 on this for a powder coated brace...
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Maristar 225 LT1
Good stuff!

>once I make some changes to the floor panel behind the motor box to easily remove the motor box without having to remove the rear panel at the same time.

Is there something here on teamtalk you are going to duplicate/referencing, or doing something new? I'm interested in tacking something similar as well!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Looks great rock..check post 1982 on this for a powder coated brace...
Yes, saw that...but I want to just get new ones rather than have the broken one fixed and sand down the other one and paint.

That was an attention getter when I saw that last night
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristardd View Post
Good stuff!

>once I make some changes to the floor panel behind the motor box to easily remove the motor box without having to remove the rear panel at the same time.

Is there something here on teamtalk you are going to duplicate/referencing, or doing something new? I'm interested in tacking something similar as well!
If you check this thread, someone had posted a super cool hinge system last week that they had on their boat. Problem is though that was done on a newer boat whereas the motor box lifts in 2 areas...top would lift off for easy access as well as the entire motor box itself lifting up also.

On my 94, the motor box is only 1 piece.

I pulled the back floor panel up and the PO put some sort of diamond plate to reinforce the floor board where the hinges for the motor box were screwed to...I plan to add a piece of treated wood under that area and just use a stainless wood screws to secure the hinges to the floor board.

Right now, the hinges attach to the floor board with regular screws and nylon nuts which are under the floor board. So I cannot just remove the motor box easily.

I will try to post some pics tonight...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
If you check this thread, someone had posted a super cool hinge system last week that they had on their boat. Problem is though that was done on a newer boat whereas the motor box lifts in 2 areas...top would lift off for easy access as well as the entire motor box itself lifting up also.

On my 94, the motor box is only 1 piece.

I pulled the back floor panel up and the PO put some sort of diamond plate to reinforce the floor board where the hinges for the motor box were screwed to...I plan to add a piece of treated wood under that area and just use a stainless wood screws to secure the hinges to the floor board.

Right now, the hinges attach to the floor board with regular screws and nylon nuts which are under the floor board. So I cannot just remove the motor box easily.

I will try to post some pics tonight...
That's how mine was...put some work into mine - up in the thread here...glass fiber filled the old areas that were used to bolt dog house hinge to floor and also added another piece of aluminum to reinforce...only problem I had was there was not enough carpeting to get a good stretch on the carpeting where it wrapped around the sides of the floor panel.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Hauled it down to the street yesterday and cleaned out the bilge. I've got leaking vcg's on both sides which contributes to a bilge with a film on it. Film attracts dirt, etc. the vcg's will get replaced this winter-- may even get new vcs.