Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
No Lakota's here...but Joliet's finest have been at our house the last 3 times we have had people over...seems a neighbor to the north is 911 happy...can't wait til he gets his water bill at the end of the month...I imagine it is gonna be high since his garden hose has been running all month...

Car belongs to my good neighbor across the street.
Nice touch.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
No Lakota's here...but Joliet's finest have been at our house the last 3 times we have had people over...seems a neighbor to the north is 911 happy...can't wait til he gets his water bill at the end of the month...I imagine it is gonna be high since his garden hose has been running all month...

Car belongs to my good neighbor across the street.
Lol at the garden hose!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Decided I was tired of having to pull the heater hoses from the barbed fittings - I can't believe how much of a PITA that is; I would have never guessed it to be that difficult. Believe it or not I found this the most aggravating part of winterizing.

So I got a couple of hose fittings from the hardware store, cut the lines in a convenient location and hose clamped on the fittings. Now it will be just like the hose between the exhaust risers. I put the hose fittings in one direction (male - female) on one hose and in the other direction (female - male) on the other hose. If I ever have a heater core leak I can isolate by disconnecting the hoses and re-coupling such that the loop remains on the engine but bypasses the heater. I seen the post that described the multiple Y connectors but I went for simple.

I did kind of the same thing for the hot and cold hoses running to the shower. Although I could not find "hose fittings" of the correct size, I did find some brass couplers in the plumbing section of the hardware store. I'll just have to loosen the hose clamp so the fitting can spin but I will not have to pull the barbed fitting out. Again, much easier.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Decided I was tired of having to pull the heater hoses from the barbed fittings - I can't believe how much of a PITA that is; I would have never guessed it to be that difficult. Believe it or not I found this the most aggravating part of winterizing.

So I got a couple of hose fittings from the hardware store, cut the lines in a convenient location and hose clamped on the fittings. Now it will be just like the hose between the exhaust risers. I put the hose fittings in one direction (male - female) on one hose and in the other direction (female - male) on the other hose. If I ever have a heater core leak I can isolate by disconnecting the hoses and re-coupling such that the loop remains on the engine but bypasses the heater. I seen the post that described the multiple Y connectors but I went for simple.

I did kind of the same thing for the hot and cold hoses running to the shower. Although I could not find "hose fittings" of the correct size, I did find some brass couplers in the plumbing section of the hardware store. I'll just have to loosen the hose clamp so the fitting can spin but I will not have to pull the barbed fitting out. Again, much easier.
what?! no pictures... didn't happen...lol
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
Changed fuel filter and impeller on our X2. After changing the impeller on the X2, I am positive that engineers NEVER work on this stuff. I guess I got spoiled working on my X9's engine.
Engineers are too busy on all the Bling for marketing. "Ease of changing the impeller" is not on the short list for whom the boats are primarily being marketed to.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Quote:
Engineers are too busy on all the Bling for marketing. "Ease of changing the impeller" is not on the short list for whom the boats are primarily being marketed to.
So true.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
what?! no pictures... didn't happen...lol
Happened!
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
It did give me a chance to test my patience, have 2 beers instead of one. Impeller swap for me in the X9 was a 1/2 beer, no swearing proceedure. With the X2 - 2 beers, and I think I put 4 bucks in the swear jar in the kitchen. We haven't had the X2 out. Just purchased in the Middle of Oct. The X9 is going to Utah. What a fantastic boat! My kids wanted something with more wake, I still like to ski and the X2 has waaay more room for all of us.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
It did give me a chance to test my patience, have 2 beers instead of one. Impeller swap for me in the X9 was a 1/2 beer, no swearing proceedure. With the X2 - 2 beers, and I think I put 4 bucks in the swear jar in the kitchen. We haven't had the X2 out. Just purchased in the Middle of Oct. The X9 is going to Utah. What a fantastic boat! My kids wanted something with more wake, I still like to ski and the X2 has waaay more room for all of us.
I ended up making an impeller puller - http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38397. I did not want to spend $$$ on something that should be so simple. It is short enough that it lets you easily get between the impeller housing and the transom (and other stuff mounted back there). Disassembled, it takes up little room in the tool box. I end up not using the metal strap anymore. I don't like the idea of prying against the impeller housing. As you mention, not really enough room back there to get a hold of it with pliers. Gives just enough grip to squeeze and pull. As other posts mention, a little squart of dish soap, a bump of the starter before removal makes it much easier. You should be able to get it down to a 1 beer job.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Happened!
nice work...