Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Next time you go out, put about a 1/4 cup of dawn dish washing soap in your bilge and let it fill with some water. Drive your boat like normal and then tow it home once at the house fill the bilge with as much water as you can with out getting upto the trans seals. Then open up your drain and let the nasty run out.

It's a great way to let the boat clean itself out.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft, 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Next time you go out, put about a 1/4 cup of dawn dish washing soap in your bilge and let it fill with some water. Drive your boat like normal and then tow it home once at the house fill the bilge with as much water as you can with out getting upto the trans seals. Then open up your drain and let the nasty run out.

Maybe kinda like a washing machine on normal cycle huh?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post

great suggestion! unfortunately it will be sitting at the dock all summer. I'm planning to do some cleaning tomorrow but that may be something that happens come fall.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
Final get to contribute to this thread.

Got her out of storage today!!

First thing was getting the clam off and cleaning up the motor then greased the steering cable and rudder. Noticed my steering wheel was off-centre when the rudder was straight so took the wheel off and fixed. Got the cup holder off and plan to repaint it tomorrow, probably a light grey to match the vinyl colour. Wax still looks good from the fall so probably just a wash before it goes in the lake in 2 days.

More to do tomorrow - now time to enjoy a beer and hockey.
I will be willing to bet that the steering wheel will not be straight when driving in a course or straight line.

When the rudder is at 12 o'clock straight on the boat will actually veer slightly due to prop rotation and the fact that the rudder is off center from the prop slightly to the left.

As you know it's a quick fix on and off but you might want to bring a socket set to adjust it back when you go drive it.

I know first hand because I had to figure out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I will be willing to bet that the steering wheel will not be straight when driving in a course or straight line.

When the rudder is at 12 o'clock straight on the boat will actually veer slightly due to prop rotation and the fact that the rudder is off center from the prop slightly to the left.

As you know it's a quick fix on and off but you might want to bring a socket set to adjust it back when you go drive it.

I know first hand because I had to figure out the hard way.
Thanks for the tip Kyle, I've learned so much from this forum because of helpful people like you. I know it will still be off when under load but at least I have a starting point now - it was pretty far off before.

Things that were done today: Finished painting the cup holder, changed out my gas shocks on the observer seat and cleaned and treated the interior with some 303. Boat gets wet tomorrow - will post some pics then!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Mastercraft Prostar 205, 351HO
What did I do to my MC today you ask? Its more like what did I not do to the boat today!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Yesterday son and i took boat to lake for first outing of the season. All went great.

Installed boat buckles today. Maristar-man, you can now rest easy. Our boat is more secure
Attached Images

Last edited by LaRue; 05-05-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Brand new 01 X10
In progress!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
MC Fanatic

New registration tags and Mastercraft chrome graphics!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
MC Fanatic