Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
I did not want to mess with a circular buffer. I did not want to throw money away on an orbital. TT Members seem to like it the PC random orbital. Functional and reliable. Premium Boat Care... Auto Geek and even Meguiars felt it was a worthy product.

Adam's Polishes makes a good product and provide excellent instruction and since their combo price (with discount) was the lowest i could find, I decided to go that direction.

Last edited by LaRue; 01-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
Do you think I should use a gasket sealer with the gasket or only the gasket? I didn't use a sanding block but I thought how much could I really sand the steel, could I deform it enough to matter with 120 sand paper by hand. I will finish up with a sanding block.
Never have. Not recommended. No need to with a clean surface. However, don't make this a bad experience. Clean it and put it back together... all you need to do is remove gasket material.. not metal..

You're good to go! ........... Final chapter..... stick a fork in it.... call it a day........done deal....

$0.02

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 01-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft, 1998 ProStar 205
Went out in the garage, uncovered it, open the engine hood, closed it, and sat in the drivers seat.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkyredfoot View Post
Went out in the garage, uncovered it, open the engine hood, closed it, and sat in the drivers seat.
did you make motor noises? if no one heard you...it did not happen....
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Try some toilet bowl cleaner it worked on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg View Post
4. Hull - the boat is in great shape but the PO did not clean the hull regularly and there is a light yellow scum/stain below the water line. I have started working to clean this using On-Off Hull cleaner and a white scrub pad... I wish I knew of a better way to do this (Suggestions?) Also, it looks like someone tried to wet sand a small area to clean it.. so I will need to polish this area along with the rest of the hull once it is clean.

5. Also got the trailer & boat registered in my name (whahooo).. removed all of the old registration numbers (changed states) and the old dealer stickers cleaned up the residue and will polish the area before putting on the new numbers. Anyone have tips for cleaning/polishing out water stains at the rub rail?

Who knew owning a boat was s much fun....

Mike
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Never have. Not recommended. No need to with a clean surface. However, don't make this a bad experience. Clean it and put it back together... all you need to do is remove gasket material.. not metal..

You're good to go! ........... Final chapter..... stick a fork in it.... call it a day........done deal....

$0.02

+1 - I used the soft metal brush on my drill to clean up the mating surfaces...did not sand...used a little bit of copper permatex where it was slightly pitted, reassembled and forgot about it... now just waiting for warmer weather...2 weeks and the mercury starts heading up...slowly...but up...
Old 01-05-2012, 12:18 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to use the gasket sealer (since I was told it wasn't needed) but I think I will to ensure I don't have to do the job again. I will finish cleaning up the mating surfaces a little more use the sealer and call it a day.
Also going to replace the throttle cable this weekend while the silent master is off and I have room. Any advice on what to do or not to do when replacing this cable?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to use the gasket sealer (since I was told it wasn't needed) but I think I will to ensure I don't have to do the job again. I will finish cleaning up the mating surfaces a little more use the sealer and call it a day.
Also going to replace the throttle cable this weekend while the silent master is off and I have room. Any advice on what to do or not to do when replacing this cable?
It's fairly straight forward. Lube the controls in behind the panel while you have the shifter apart. Orherwise, it's academic.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Yesterday I finished up installing the new 3" wet exhaust hoses, silent master and exhaust risers. I didn't have time to start it up to see if there where any leaks but I think I will be fine. I will start it next weekend on the fake lake and see.
Didn't get to the throttle cable. Can I replace the throttle cable without removing the front section of flooring? It looks like I would need to remove the drivers seat and maybe more to get that section of flooring up.
I will post pictures when I get home tonight or tomorrow. I know the rule if you don't have pics it didn't happen
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mramerman@gmail.com View Post
My 2010 X-14v did not come with the (now standard) latch for the cooler locker. I had ordered one from MC this Summer and finally got around to installing today. What a convenient feature! Easy access to the cooler, grabbing multiple cold ones for friends!
I like it. Has anyone added hinges to the non hinged seats? I'd like that on my '07 X2.
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif