Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Installed a 120v inverter to run my 120v air pump for inflatables.........
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Do you have the MariStar 240 Open Bow or the SC Cloaked? As you can see here it's tight turning out of the manifolds and that's why the SM is so good as the exhaust exits right along the motor stringers.

I looked closely at mine and the one at that link you send me is a lot different, close but different. Mine don't have the 90 degree hoses but the SM actually has the 90 degree to straight hose...

Plus the ends of mine are 45ed to not interfere with the dog house.

Let me go to your home page and look at yer pics to see your boat. If you want to see more of mine and this set up to compare you can go to my home page, I have a few more there.

Lumbergh you're my hero man! That dog house looks damn good! As for the swim step, IHO it looks good too, just some people don't like to teak oil. If you look at most sail boats and fishing boats with teak it makes me sick that they don't but I think it just grips better without teak oil... It will last longer with oil though. My PO had to replace ours a couple of years before we bought teh boat due to no oil.... It was falling apart he said.... He got a replacement straight from MC and then he even took it to their shop and they shaped it for him as it came to him unfinished... It was worse than yours when I bought the boat even though it was only a couple of years old.... Looking good dude!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Do you have the MariStar 240 Open Bow or the SC Cloaked? As you can see here it's tight turning out of the manifolds and that's why the SM is so good as the exhaust exits right along the motor stringers.

I looked closely at mine and the one at that link you send me is a lot different, close but different. Mine don't have the 90 degree hoses but the SM actually has the 90 degree to straight hose...

Plus the ends of mine are 45ed to not interfere with the dog house.

Let me go to your home page and look at yer pics to see your boat. If you want to see more of mine and this set up to compare you can go to my home page, I have a few more there.
I see your situation now. I am off base as to your application. I was thinking along another line and didn't see the forest for the trees.... That's a nice looking machine you have there....

Lum.. just yanking your chain on the platform. Your board looks nice. I'm just too lazy to work up a good teak lather on my board. Thus the once a year wash...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Removed the engine cover and took off the vinyl skin and foam to get down to the base.My engine cover had started to sag alot.I was shocked at how destroyed the base was it had big cracks in it and the alluminum was seperating from the honeycomb.
I also found alot of dirt and sediment between the vinyl and the foam on the rear part of the engine cover.
Only thing I can think of how the dirt got there is when stoping to pick up a downed rider water will sometimes come over the engine cover and get in threw the seems on the vinyl.And deposit the sediment.We have alot of sediment here in the IL water.. That also exsplains how my air cleaner gets dirty.
-Cleaned air cleaner
-installed oem thermostat
-installed new water temp senser and new pcv valve.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
Finished engine insulation project.

The old pieces made good templates, and the aluminum tape covers all the seams. I found that 8' of insulation was overkill. I could have gotten by with 7, maybe even 6. The 1991 doghouse must be small. Have a good deal of extra. The long piece was 70".

The nice thing about the way the cover is built is that you could reupholster if needed (I don't) and not remove engine insulation do to the trim line on the inside.

Then the swim step was needing some attention.

So I sanded it and applied teak oil (coat 1, do more in the next few days).

The camera flash makes the step look lighter than it is, a nice rich color came out with the teak oil.

Edit: I love the look of an oiled platform. Plus I can't justify MC replacement cost if it dry rots to pieces on an older boat.

nice job lumbergh!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
Removed the engine cover and took off the vinyl skin and foam to get down to the base.My engine cover had started to sag alot.I was shocked at how destroyed the base was it had big cracks in it and the alluminum was seperating from the honeycomb.
I also found alot of dirt and sediment between the vinyl and the foam on the rear part of the engine cover.
Only thing I can think of how the dirt got there is when stoping to pick up a downed rider water will sometimes come over the engine cover and get in threw the seems on the vinyl.And deposit the sediment.We have alot of sediment here in the IL water.. That also exsplains how my air cleaner gets dirty.
-Cleaned air cleaner
-installed oem thermostat
-installed new water temp senser and new pcv valve.
we have a lot of sediment in our ski water is putting it lightly..... below the Starve Rock Dam that sediment jumps out of the water at times...

That river is just down right thick sometimes....
Old 12-31-2011, 07:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
I bought a 3' section of riser hose (Trident) and cut it down to 2 x 17" pieces for the risers.

Reinstalled left riser with new hardware and gasket.

Installed new riser hoses (L / R). Applied plenty of anti-seize and they went on easily.

Installed new amber marker lights on trailer (one was broken) and had to buy 2 to match both sides.

Last edited by Lumbergh; 12-31-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
I bought a 3' section of riser hose (Trident) and cut it down to 2 x 17" pieces for the risers.

Reinstalled left riser with new hardware and gasket.

Installed new riser hoses (L / R). Applied plenty of anti-seize and they went on easily.

Installed new amber marker lights on trailer (one was broken) and had to buy 2 to match both sides.

All you need now is some warm water... and someone to tow... or tow you
Old 12-31-2011, 10:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
I took the Christmas lights off my boat and realized I never posted any pictures with the lights on

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I took the Christmas lights off my boat and realized I never posted any pictures with the lights on
hate it when that happens....