Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1111  
Old 12-11-2011, 05:54 PM
ctjahn ctjahn is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
Location: Midwest
Posts: 603
Trailer Work

Continued my trailer work (no pics)

Gutted ALL the "house wiring" (whatta mess) and other bits from the trailer and continued the sanding, grinding, cleaning.... Lights were all new last year but I still need to replace, reinstall new wiring (and pigtails) and the new hubs/bearings....

Cj
Reply With Quote
  #1112  
Old 12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjahn View Post
Continued my trailer work (no pics)

Gutted ALL the "house wiring" (whatta mess) and other bits from the trailer and continued the sanding, grinding, cleaning.... Lights were all new last year but I still need to replace, reinstall new wiring (and pigtails) and the new hubs/bearings....

Cj
Yeah..did mine....got rid of most of rust...should have done a before shot...
Attached Images
 
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Last edited by mikeg205; 12-11-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1113  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 AM
JMann's Avatar
JMann JMann is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Location: West coat, San Francisco bay area
Posts: 651
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Pulled the engine cover and cleaned off the old foam. Scraped the old adhesive off and used Goof off for the final wipe down. I bought new sound proof foam from McMaster to replace it. Hope to finish this up next week. Next I want to replace the exhaust hoses.
Reply With Quote
  #1114  
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Lumbergh's Avatar
Lumbergh Lumbergh is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Location: Seattle
Posts: 732
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
Pulled the engine cover and cleaned off the old foam. Scraped the old adhesive off and used Goof off for the final wipe down. I bought new sound proof foam from McMaster to replace it. Hope to finish this up next week. Next I want to replace the exhaust hoses.
You know the rule, pics or it didn't happen!
Reply With Quote
  #1115  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
You know the rule, pics or it didn't happen!

__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #1116  
Old 12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Got my 12% off order in to SKIDIM today, Cutlass Bearings, Wheel Puller, Cap/Rotor, Wires, Plugs, Fuel Filters, Coupling Bolts, Belt, uhhhhhhh I think that was it.... :-) Now I gotta wait anuder 5 weeks before I can install everything! I HATE WERK!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1117  
Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Got my 12% off order in to SKIDIM today, Cutlass Bearings, Wheel Puller, Cap/Rotor, Wires, Plugs, Fuel Filters, Coupling Bolts, Belt, uhhhhhhh I think that was it.... :-) Now I gotta wait anuder 5 weeks before I can install everything! I HATE WERK!!!!!
cutlass bearings? pictures please....love to see the process... what will you be using to remove and install the bearings...??
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #1118  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
cutlass bearings? pictures please....love to see the process... what will you be using to remove and install the bearings...??
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/replacing_a_cutlass


.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
  #1119  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 10,400
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
have you done that process cloaked?
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #1120  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
have you done that process cloaked?
Yes. Teadious but doable. I have a little more patience this day and age than I did a few years back when I redid an 82 model.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.