Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
okay - weather gray....got stir crazy and fixed the throttle controller...new one was 35.00 plus freight so I went to helpful hardware man and he "hooked me up good" with a new spring... Ace really is the place... put new spring in - and as much as I liked the safety lock out working on the lever...others did not know how to stop at neutral with without slipping into reverse...all in all a good idea to tinker with... cost to repair... part = .75...

Damn its only December 4th and I am going stir crazy....
Glad you mentioned this. I need to do the same. Thanks....

I have been up in under the bow all evening measuring cable lengths for the battery relo and addition of a second. Got the new partition in place after a little persuasion with a rubber mallet.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 12-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Glad you mentioned this. I need to do the same. Thanks....

I have been up in under the bow all evening measuring cable lengths for the battery relo and addition of a second. Got the new partition in place after a little persuasion with a rubber mallet.
hey cloaked...any pics..? I hate the battery in the back... would love to see what you did.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
hey cloaked...any pics..? I hate the battery in the back... would love to see what you did.
I'll post up when I get the final draft. I had everything in temporarily today to get measurements for cables. I am placing one battery under the passenger seat and the other right in behind the passenger on port side up against the hull. I am trying to leave as much room as possible in there for my crap. I am putting both batteries in vented boxes, and installing an isolation system for a small amp and ahead unit on the auxillary. I tell ya', after doing this, and considering the fact that I am running only a head unit and a small amp for the four cabin speakers, I would likely not worry about the isolation setup. I'd just use two batteries (one crank and on deep-cycle), using the deep battery for tunes and charge it up when I get home (as I do anyway). I'm already too far into it now to change courses (for all practical purposes). Damn cable is a pain for the long runs. I am looking at 2/0 AWG for about a 14' run (starter up through the foot rest, then back around to the crank battery under the passenger seat). Lest forget the ground cable as well. Not my preference but it's the path of least resistance for routing the cables. The other runs are short but still need the same compatible 2/0 for the entire circuit, other than the amp (8 GA) and speakers (12 GA). Also need fuses to install in-line as well (2/0). I have it all laid out in an Excel sheet as far as the paths (point to point and length for each), cable size, and connectors for each end of each cable. Easy enough. A simple install really, just time consuming for me.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 12-04-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
mgorczak1,

We worked on the same parts today..
the last 2 summers I've noticed some play in my steering took the assembly off today and found a bushing that can be replaced.you can see the bushing in the third pic.
mgorczak1..is your bushing like the one in the pic?

Also replaced the rubber pad under the port side rear tower leg.What a P.I.T.A !!! I had to remove the back rest on the port side then drill a 2 inch hole in the inner fiberglass where the backrest bolts on to access the tower nut..I was nervous drilling the hole but,it all worked out.
Hey Too_tall is that a model number on that unit?

Mike
Old 12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
I dont know what the numbers mean on the white sticker.

Stamped on the side of the assembly is 3950210
Might want to print the pics out and bring them with you to teleflex.

T-T

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Sunny and warm here. Working on battery relocation today.

Not sure how you guys justify residing in that type of winter climate. I worked in the northern tier US for 13 winters over the course of years. I knew I was headed south when the job was done.

I have been in Minnesota all my life and have no desire to live elsewhere. As much as I love summer in my boat, there is so much to do in the other seasons if you are hearty enough to enjoy it. I would never want to give up ice fishing and snowmobiling. Deer hunting in the snow is outstanding. I can deal with the extreme cold much better than the extreme heat. I can always put more clothes on.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I have been in Minnesota all my life and have no desire to live elsewhere. As much as I love summer in my boat, there is so much to do in the other seasons if you are hearty enough to enjoy it. I would never want to give up ice fishing and snowmobiling. Deer hunting in the snow is outstanding. I can deal with the extreme cold much better than the extreme heat. I can always put more clothes on.
That's...good for you to be able to enjoy the cold..have a few friends up their that would never move for the same reason. I love MN, have a number of customers up there... Hard not to enjoy all the lakes just about everywhere... The St. Croix is just gorgeous in summer.

I'm with cloaked... I just like summer more now, would need to refit for winter activities, and with this great economy, I have to be picky and I choose summer stuff, wife and I love to travel to Cancun during winter....so no more $$$ for winter activities... like the song goes, my wife and tequila make me crazy...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskier View Post

fyi props have blades anchors have flukes
Actually, airplanes have props and boats have wheels.... That's why Michigan Wheel is called just that.... Ahhhhhh we could go on for days with this one, about as good as another oil thread. lol And you're right bout that it's math and physics, that's why I posted that link. If you have a read it has some good stuff in there....

I'll have a look at your link now.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 PS 190 w/ mini tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Actually, airplanes have props and boats have wheels.... That's why Michigan Wheel is called just that.... Ahhhhhh we could go on for days with this one, about as good as another oil thread. lol And you're right bout that it's math and physics, that's why I posted that link. If you have a read it has some good stuff in there....

Actually wheel is a slang as is prop in professional terms it is either a propeller or a propulsor really no debate on that . The site that you posted did have some good rule of thumb empirical suggestions, but actual propeller design theory is somewhat more involved as far as the calculations are concerned.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post

you forgot screws......