Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Z Box

So, for an instant I pretended I have more $ than sense. When I came to I had ordered a Z Box to try to emulate Zero Off. I guess if it moves that way at all I'll consider it a positive. Haven't installed it yet. Tomorrow will be the day for that.

Really, I did want to install No Magnet Timing. Figured if I was gonna invest in that I might as well just go all out.

My biggest question for now is, do I just unplug the timers and leave them unplugged? I guess the only reason I would need them is if I visit an unmapped course and don't want to map it.

I'd welcome any thoughts on Z Box, technical or otherwise.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Remove the timer and sell it. Mapping a course takes less than a minute (drive through one set of gates at idle and hit the button when the driver's head or whatever reference point you choose passes the gate ball; do the same at the other set of gates). Zbox, along with the new software, is a great addition to the boat.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

So, I can still go into SG Practice mode and take something off the speed while using No Magnet Timing?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
Yes remove and discard the timer. I just did the exact same upgrade and love it. Mapping a course is sooooo easy and if you are in a pinch you can run practice mode through it also. I notice more response on mine and holds speed within .002 through the whole course.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

I generally get those segment times too. I'm trying to get it to feel somewhat like ZO. Occasionally I ski a tournament. When I do the pull is not at all like I'm used to. I know my 91 won't feel exactly the same. I just want a step in the right direction.

Don't know if I'll ever get a ZO boat. By the time I can afford one who knows if I'll still be able to walk let alone ski a course.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phntmski View Post
Don't know if I'll ever get a ZO boat. By the time I can afford one who knows if I'll still be able to walk let alone ski a course.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
MIne is a 94 and you will tell the difference. Is it a ZO boat? no. But it will be damn close.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

I'm excited to try it! Got my popcorn ready!!

Old 08-26-2014, 04:22 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phntmski View Post
So, I can still go into SG Practice mode and take something off the speed while using No Magnet Timing?
Yes. I did it the last time I was out. I don't think you loose the zbox options when you do this if I recall correctly.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:24 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIBUMM View Post
MIne is a 94 and you will tell the difference. Is it a ZO boat? no. But it will be damn close.
I think the best reason to get it is that it is currently the best Perfect Pass system I have used on my boat. My times are similarly great ball-to-ball right out of the box.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club