Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X45, 2010
Angry Ski Pylon X45

I bought a used 2010 X45 last year and decided to try out the removable ski pylon for towing tubes. it appeared to go in pretty easy but I can't get it out now. It has those two pins on the bottom that I am assuming when the line up with the slot then pull up. by hand I can even turn now so i put a pipe wrench on it and it will spin but can't seem to get out. Any advise?
Old 07-15-2016, 08:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X2
It is spring loaded. Push down while turning. Should release.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth25 View Post
It is spring loaded. Push down while turning. Should release.
Like a "childproof" medicine bottle.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-45 finally better then x-10
What year did they start doing the removable pylon?
Old 07-15-2016, 10:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X-45 6.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarndahl View Post
What year did they start doing the removable pylon?
The was on every year model (as far as the X45 is concerned).
Old 07-15-2016, 10:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Really? I was playing with mine a bit, but didn't get it to pop I think I got side tracked by underwater lights I didn't know we're on the boat!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X-45 6.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarndahl View Post
Really? I was playing with mine a bit, but didn't get it to pop I think I got side tracked by underwater lights I didn't know we're on the boat!

LOL definite bonus on having the underwater lights! I know because mine is missing the pylon (old owner must have taken it out of the boat since he had an extra battery installed next to where the pylon holder is under the back starboard seat (the holder bracket is white, can't miss it).

They had a 2005 on the dealer lot and we removed that pylon to try on mine since we were trying out a newer X46 pylon to see if it would fit (they don't manufacture the 2008 pylon but we found its the same as the newer models just a little bit longer). Both got stuck and we had a hell of a time removing them, but both worked perfectly on the 2005 X45. Mine needs lubricant and/or the round top bracket to be adjusted. Still haven't ordered the new pylon as it was $700+ so don't lose yours! Haha
Old 07-15-2016, 11:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagNL View Post
LOL definite bonus on having the underwater lights! I know because mine is missing the pylon (old owner must have taken it out of the boat since he had an extra battery installed next to where the pylon holder is under the back starboard seat (the holder bracket is white, can't miss it).

They had a 2005 on the dealer lot and we removed that pylon to try on mine since we were trying out a newer X46 pylon to see if it would fit (they don't manufacture the 2008 pylon but we found its the same as the newer models just a little bit longer). Both got stuck and we had a hell of a time removing them, but both worked perfectly on the 2005 X45. Mine needs lubricant and/or the round top bracket to be adjusted. Still haven't ordered the new pylon as it was $700+ so don't lose yours! Haha

Ok so I did see the holder lol. I'll play with it in the morning. I didn't try to hard as I didn't think that was an option till post 2010.

Tags
ski pylon, x45