Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 02-28-2015, 09:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar
Ski and dry suit

My local Craig's list has a listing for a HO ski with double boots and an XL dry suit. It's a 69" turbo TRX Ski and from what I have found, it looks to be about a 93 model? He wanted $150 for the ski and suit. he will take $100 for both. Would this be worth buying? I'm sure I would use the suit this spring and I use to love to ski but don't have one at all now.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: wooden, boat, 1908, putt
Depending on the estimated age of the suit/material would be a factor as well as the material for the boot on the ski.

I sold a couple of shorties last year and they were probably about 10 years old. Both (separate) parties responded with an "OK, but..." and the complaint was that a cinch or a collar was dried out and needed replacing. I just refunded their Paypal account full amount and said to keep them.

Probably not a bad deal if you're expectations are recreational from time to time.
66 Million Suckers.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
Technology in newer neoprene has advanced pretty significantly in terms of stretch for flexibility. For about the same money you can get a full 4/3 suit which will keep you warm in 55 degree water. Here's the link were a buy my stuff.

http://www.jackssurfboards.com/wetsuits_mens_fullsuits/
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseSteak1 View Post
Technology in newer neoprene has advanced pretty significantly in terms of stretch for flexibility. For about the same money you can get a full 4/3 suit which will keep you warm in 55 degree water. Here's the link were a buy my stuff.

http://www.jackssurfboards.com/wetsuits_mens_fullsuits/
OP says the ski is included as well. As long as the suit and boots on the ski are in good condition I think this is quite the deal.
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar
I met the seller yesterday to look at the items. I thought I was meeting the man these items belonged to but instead it was his ex wife. Come to find out, she was just dumping his old stuff as he lives in tx with his new wife now. The ski and suit were both in great condition and she let me have them both for $100. I think I did pretty good.