Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old Today, 12:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
no good deed goes unpunished

so I ski Saturday and this millennial age woman starts a convo. about skiing etc and how she'd love to go if I go Sunday. So Sunday I drive by the cottage where she is a guest with her fiance and offer to pull her. She snows skis and has slalomed. I had my doubts but she got right up, did some novice cuts on my old Mastercraft Pulse, fell a few times , got up then got too tired to get up again. Her fiance, who said he hasn't slalomed in a long time asked to try, He said he normally got up 2 feet in. Well he buries the tip, doesn't let go, surely because he didn't want to fail since the girlfriend go up first shot. The pics are the result of the ultimate handle release. Actually we were very lucky. Both me and his fiance were in the observer seat. It could have hit us or the windshield, which would have been far worse. No idea how long it would take to replace the windshield

Name:  IMG_2117.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  151.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2118.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  113.4 KB
Old Today, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
You probably were looking at a new mirror anyway; right?

This would be exactly my luck...nearly every time we have a "guest" boater (aka Family)...the boat leaves in worse shape than we bagan.

I just chalk it up to exposing them to the sport and the cost of doing business.
Old Today, 01:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 94 Ski Nautique
might be a good opportunity to pick up a shock tube, you never know when someone will get stuck on the end of your rope. Bummer on the mirror, but glad you don't have an ER bill or need a new windshield!
Old Today, 01:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

They were very concerned and offered to replace the mirror. I told them no but they insisted. I'm trying to get it fixed at a local glass shop
Old Today, 01:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA Nautique View Post
might be a good opportunity to pick up a shock tube, you never know when someone will get stuck on the end of your rope. Bummer on the mirror, but glad you don't have an ER bill or need a new windshield!
I have a shock tube but it is a foam one from Overtons's. It never had a chance. My mind vaguely sees the rope about in half with the handle leading the way. I've skied very deep shortline for 30 years ie into 39 off and have only once hand a handle pop like that and it was before I had a tube. The guy on the end was about 6'4 240. The handle landed 60 feet in front of the boat. I was using a 15 off rope , I think for novices I'm going to a full 75.