Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 08-23-2009, 04:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 190, 1989
Starbrite startron as fuel stabilizer??

I see most of you use stabil, can't seen to find that in Norway. I can get the starbrite startron http://www.maritim.no/product.aspx?i...pkey=007002030 . Good stuff???
Old 08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
As a fuel stabilizer and anti-oxidant, it's probably as good as anything for boats that are going to sit unused for a couple of months or longer.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: maristar 230
When talking about possible buying a M/C I talked tot he dealer about winterizing it. He and the shop guys both told me to run it as low as possible and then pump out the rest. Do not leave any fuel in the tank
Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
When talking about possible buying a M/C I talked tot he dealer about winterizing it. He and the shop guys both told me to run it as low as possible and then pump out the rest. Do not leave any fuel in the tank
Dealer's preference. I never worry about fuel in a tank for one season of layup as long as it has a stabilizer. Now, If I were to bunk the boat for a year or more, sure, remove the fuel for obvious reasons, but for a winter season?....... no way I'd worry about it nor bother to pump out fuel.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:17 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
That's one option. Did he explain what's involved in pumping out the tank? In most cases it ain't easy.

Other option is to fill it full to minimize condensation (pretty much negligible anyway IMHO) and stabilize with some Seafoam or StaBil, or something. I have the dealer winterize my boat these days. If I think of it, I fill it with fuel on the way there. Last season, I note that I forgot and stored it for the winter about half full. No issues.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Just saw Startron advertized in Snowtech. Looks as good as any of the other products. I use Seafoam, Stabil or Lucas fuel treatment with no particular preference for one over the other. They all seem to keep the gas good until spring/summer.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN