Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the MC 300
Its Awesome, I want one. 13 22.03%
Nice, but dont want one. 15 25.42%
Way too big, it will never sell in this economy. 5 8.47%
Stick to Ski and Wakeboard Boats. 28 47.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 4,356
MasterCraft 300 Reservation e-mail. Just got mine.

I know I am an "old schooler" when it comes to MasterCraft and Correct Craft, but my first impression as I look at the MasterCraft 300 is; WHAT THE.................????

Then my second thought is; Didn't they get big enough with the dual engine Maristar, was it the X80?

What other impressions are there??
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
I know I am an "old schooler" when it comes to MasterCraft and Correct Craft, but my first impression as I look at the MasterCraft 300 is; WHAT THE.................????

Then my second thought is; Didn't they get big enough with the dual engine Maristar, was it the X80?

What other impressions are there??
Right boat, wrong time in the marketplace.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Reservations?
You mean they've turned this thing into a restaurant. Does it have the #1 '68 inside it as a salad bar?
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 PM
flipper's Avatar
flipper flipper is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Location: Under the radar
Posts: 5,083
There have been a few threads on here about the 300, but I think they all got deleted. Seems most here don't like it.
__________________
Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
bigmac bigmac is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 8,126
Nice boat. Obviously aimed at a different market than we would typically find here on Team Talk. Here's the video clip showing its introduction at the Miami Boat Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLKyezAI0II
__________________
'04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Reservations?
You mean they've turned this thing into a restaurant. Does it have the #1 '68 inside it as a salad bar?
Harold, they are taking the 300 out to select locations to demo it. Didn't you get your invite?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2009, 04:18 PM
btriantos's Avatar
btriantos btriantos is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 2007 X30, MCX
Location: West coast
Posts: 273
I think there is a market for this, although the economy will come into play somewhat. Given what is out there in terms of big quality boat's, if I had the coin, I'd seriously look at the MC. Hmmm Houseboat or 300? Anyone hear what MSRP is yet or is that in the model number??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Age Fighter Age Fighter is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 2003 MC X-9 350 MCX
Location: southeast
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by btriantos View Post
I think there is a market for this, although the economy will come into play somewhat. Given what is out there in terms of big quality boat's, if I had the coin, I'd seriously look at the MC. Hmmm Houseboat or 300? Anyone hear what MSRP is yet or is that in the model number??
I have heard that the price will be in the half million dollar range. Of course with boats like this, there are so many options and power plant and gensets and electronics can make a HUUGE difference in pricing.

If that's anywhere close, it puts them right there with Cobalt and Formula and so on if not higher--and they'll have to overcome the hull design versus the sharper entry of their competitors.

Sounds like a tough sell to me. But I love the boat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age Fighter View Post
I have heard that the price will be in the half million dollar range. Of course with boats like this, there are so many options and power plant and gensets and electronics can make a HUUGE difference in pricing.

If that's anywhere close, it puts them right there with Cobalt and Formula and so on if not higher--and they'll have to overcome the hull design versus the sharper entry of their competitors.

Sounds like a tough sell to me. But I love the boat.
I thought I heard that it was well equipt in the 300K range. Could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 PM
jdl xstar's Avatar
jdl xstar jdl xstar is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: none at moment
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,182
I want one.

http://www.boatingmag.com/boattest/1...craft-300.html
__________________
Previous - 2007 X-Star w/ 8.1l
Previous - 2007 X2 w/ MCX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.