Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rita View Post
OK, what's the story?
Well, since you asked...

The first time, I was towing a Tube, with my son who's 9. Just going slow, then after about 20 min of Tubing, we go for a swim, and then we see Sheriff approaching us. He tells us there no Towing on the lake. Thank you Officer.... Warning, He leaves.

Minutes later we are putting about and my son takes off his Life Jacket because it ws cold and he wanted to towell-off. Then, like a Thunderbolt hit us...The Sheriff who I thought was my buddy from our last meeting, hits us with the Flashing BLue lights, The Bull horn, "PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!"

I'm like, Looking behind me to see who in the heck this Criminal was, and I better get out of the way. As I turn, I'm not seeing anyone...

So, he throws the fenders over the side of his boat, misses the first time and then looks at me as if I was supposed to help him secure his Beat up Aluminum Boat, with 2 150hp's Yamy's, next to my Pristine, recently Waxed MasterCraft...

Finally, he ties up and askes if I know that anyone, "Excuse me sir how old is the Boy?" Under the age of 12 has to have a life jacket on while the boat is in motion.

I was thinking, I was puttin around gear while idling. "Ok yes Officer," Then he asks;

Can i see your registration? "Ok here it is paid in full up to date..."

Do you have a type 4 PFD? "Ummm I think so," Luckily, i did read somewhere that one needs a Throwing PFD, So i have it...

Can I see your Fire Extinguisher Sir?, "Yes here it is Marine Fully charged"

Do you have your drivers License...? I'm thinking I better make some small talk before he Confiscates my boat..."Officer I'm all about Safety, and I thougth I knew the Law. I am going to take my son to The DMV and re-read the Marine regulations."

I'm going to fill out a FI (Field Investigation) Card on you and just give you a warning...

It's either my Scent or my magnetic personality...lol

So, the Moral is to make sure you have all of your stuff up to date, or the Po-Po can ruin even the best of days...

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 06-18-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Well, since you asked...

The first time, I was towing a Tube, with my son who's 9. Just going slow, then after about 20 min of Tubing, we go for a swim, and then we see Sheriff approaching us. He tells us there no Towing on the lake. Thank you Officer.... Warning, He leaves.

Minutes later we are putting about and my son takes off his Life Jacket because it ws cold and he wanted to towell-off. Then, like a Thunderbolt hit us...The Sheriff who I thought was my buddy from our last meeting, hits us with the Flashing BLue lights, The Bull horn, "PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!"

I'm like, Looking behind me to see who in the heck this Criminal was, and I better get out of the way. As I turn, I'm not seeing anyone...

So, he throws the fenders over the side of his boat, misses the first time and then looks at me as if I was supposed to help him secure his Beat up Aluminum Boat, with 2 150hp's Yamy's, next to my Pristine, recently Waxed MasterCraft...

Finally, he ties up and askes if I know that anyone, "Excuse me sir how old is the Boy?" Under the age of 12 has to have a life jacket on while the boat is in motion.

I was thinking, I was puttin around gear while idling. "Ok yes Officer," Then he asks;

Do you have a type 4 PFD? "Ummm I think so," Luckily, i did read somewhere that one needs a Throwing PFD, So i have it...

Do you have your drivers License...? I'm thinking I better make some small talk before he Confiscates my boat..."Officer I'm all about Safety, and I thougth I knew the Law. I am going to take my son to The DMV and re-read the Marine regulations."

I'm going to fill out a FI (Field Investigation) Card on you and just give you a warning...

So, the Moral is to make sure you have all of your stuff up to date, or the Po-Po can ruin even the best of days...

Sounds like he must have put his thong on backwards when he dressed that morning.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
TT Regular

Boat: maristar v210 1999
i had to laugh. cuz from getting to know you thru your posts, i can't think of anyone (besides TMCno1) that might have every i dotted and t crossed other than you and i sure bet he was dissapointed. He prob did have his thong on backwards (but don't want to picture it) It's amazing how it seems like the guys not doing anything really wrong get more inappropriate attention than the dorks that ruin things for everyone else. Just my 2 cents. glad he didn't ruin your day.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:16 AM
MC Devotee

Smile A Day for our Dads

Happy Father's Day!

My Dad is 89 and is doing well after his Heart Attack. The funny thing is that the day after He Had 1/3rd of his heart damaged from heart attack, but didn't know it at the time, he was out on the Maristar, with his family for a Fun and Relaxing Day on the water.

It will be a day that will be remembered for an Eternity...

Pix of Lake Tulloch from Cell Phone:
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Question

I'm looking to replace the rollers to the prop Cage. Been searching, but can't find the larger rollers. Does anyone know if these can be repaired or do they need to be replaced and where to get them...?

One of the rollers is loose but I'm worried if I take it apart all the bearings, if there are any, will fall out...

Old 06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Quote:
Does anyone know if these can be repaired or do they need to be replaced and where to get them...?
Have you tried an RV store?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Well, since you asked...

What a dick

'91 prostar 190
Old 06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '00 MariStar 230VRS
No, but post up when/if you find 'em 'cause my trailer didn't come with any. It's been on my "to-do" list for a while. Fabbing up the mounts is easy, but I haven't searched to find the actual rollers yet.

I've got some heavy 1.5-inch diameter, 0.250-wall DOM tubing from building some 4x4 steering linkages kicking around. If I didn't find any off-the-shelf ones I was just gonna chop the tubing to length, have my buddy machine up some Delrin bushings for the i.d., and bolt 'em up on some custom mounts. The steel would rust a bit, but no more than the bottom of my prop guard from getting dragged down parking lot entrances/exits.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Quote:
Does anyone know if these can be repaired or do they need to be replaced and where to get them...?
Have you tried an RV store?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
You can get new rollers at pretty much any trailer shop

'91 prostar 190