Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 09-30-2009, 07:27 PM
wakesurfer

thanks for all the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Hey wakesurfer, did you find that oil with the Gold Particles in it...? lol You know I was pokin fun...

Anywho, that is an X-series Tower. More specifically an X-10, Zero FlexTower. Around that time period you could get them from Mastercraft and even have them install it.

I'm not sure where you would get one. Call MC, or ask around here in case someone wants to upgrade

here are some sites:

http://www.monstertower.com/

http://www.proflighttowers.com/

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Ski-boat...ard-tower.html

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/
Maristar thanks for your help and no prob on the pokin fun, I thought it was kind of funny , reminded me of something that looked like gold schlager , good idea, should look into it?lol..
Old 09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
I'm gonna have to go buy some weed to figure this out!
Let me know if ya can't get anything I got connections

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
Let me know if ya can't get anything I got connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
understand the labor of love thing but i get the impression 'there is always something in need of repair on these Mastercrafts." Updates, OCD behavior, i get.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I thimks I gets it! I gots,..........................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

MCOCARD, MasterCraft Obcessive Compulsive Anal Retentive Disorder,

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude,
Attachment 52269

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-31-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Old 09-30-2009, 08:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: maristar v210 1999
i'm with LaRue

I agree with the overwhelmed thing. I got into this thread cuz I have just bought a 99 maristar 210 probably a week before Maristar man. It only had 180 hours on it. I'm now afraid to drive it or use the trailer. Of course, on the day I picked up my boat I just cleaned and waxed her and tried to get it in the water so fast, I hit our mailbox getting out of the driveway. Started her right up and found I couldn't get her in gear. (I was pulling the silver knob out and putting the boat in gear). Found out a half hour later that I was putting the boat in neutral. I was used to a 1976 nautique. Had to pull the silver knob out to put the boat in gear on that boat. I've also only taken 4 pictures of the boat. Yup, only 4. Maristar man, I don't know what to think. I love reading the smack you guys throw out on this forum. Taking notes so I can do all the same work during the winter. Maybe I'll take a few hundred pics then-lol (maybe not the same amount of work) but I'll try and tune her up good as new. Flipside is, I had the boat in the water day 2.
BTW Thanks for all the info and work you've done. --really
Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Got the Bimini up. It was $60 in Stainless Rivits, and Black Nylon Brackets, and $95 to Cut the top and Re Sew .

I made it high enough so I don't have to duck.

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 10-02-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
MC Devotee

Here's the Acme 13.5 x 17.5 150 cup It looks bigger than the 14 x20 I currently have.

I'm Having a hard time getting the Origional prop off. I tried the large puller and knocked the head with a brass-type mallet, but I only succeded in bending the puller.

And you would think that for $509 they would include a couple of Cotter Pins!

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 10-01-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MASTERCRAFT, MARISTAR 240, 1989, 454 INDMAR
Just my two cents, but maybe you are not using the right tool for the job. I recall from an earlier post, you mentioned you got three pullers from harbor freight for about $15. Sorry to hear you aren't having much success. The large gear puller I purchased from Sears has been reliable and works like a charm. Can't beat it for $39. It shouldn't be that difficult to take your prop off. Take the cotter pin out, loosen the bolt but leave it on and let the puller do the work.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Here's the Acme 13.5 x 17.5 150 cup It looks bigger than the 14 x20 I currently have.

I'm Having a hard time getting the Origional prop off. I tried the large puller and knocked the head with a brass-type mallet, but I only succeded in bending the puller.

And you would think that for $509 they would include a couple of Cotter Pins!

Spray the shaft and prop hub with WD40, PB Blaster or some kind of penetrating oil and then take a heat gun and heat up the prop hub evenly and it will expand and pop off.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB View Post
Just my two cents, It shouldn't be that difficult to take your prop off.
You're right Rob... You know, theres nothing like a reliable tool you can count on.

I won't put down HF, but I'm off to Sears tomorrow forthe right tool...

Thanks TMC, i actually did WD-40 and heated it up, but I don't hink I used enough heat. Will have a go again tomorrow. I still want to try the XMP Revolution as well