Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
wakesurfer

Hey Maristar Man Nice boat!!!! please let me know what brand tower that is?
thanks for your time.
Rich
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesurfer View Post
Hey Maristar Man Nice boat!!!! please let me know what brand tower that is?
thanks for your time.
Rich
Hey wakesurfer, did you find that oil with the Gold Particles in it...? lol You know I was pokin fun...

Anywho, that is an X-series Tower. More specifically an X-10, Zero FlexTower. Around that time period you could get them from Mastercraft and even have them install it.

I'm not sure where you would get one. Call MC, or ask around here in case someone wants to upgrade

here are some sites:

http://www.monstertower.com/

http://www.proflighttowers.com/

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Ski-boat...ard-tower.html

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 09-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: maristar v210 1999
Hi wakesurfer. Don't forget to give the samson towers a look. I ordered a razor for my 99 maristar 210. Should be ready in a week or two. www.samsonsports.com
Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
exhuasted

i just spent a couple of hours reading this thread and while the detail and coverage is unlike anything i have come across in my short time here on TT, as a new Mastercraft owner i am beginning to wonder what i got myself into. I sure hope i do not have to put that much time and $$ into my 2000 maristar. I have a theology degree not a mechanical degree. A serious question....do most of you guys need to spend that much time ensuring your girl purrs and performs? Since we have the same boat MM, thanks for the info. BTW nice BMW. Put a lift suspension on there, a light hookup, take some photos and your traveling to the lake in style.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
i just spent a couple of hours reading this thread and while the detail and coverage is unlike anything i have come across in my short time here on TT, as a new Mastercraft owner i am beginning to wonder what i got myself into. I sure hope i do not have to put that much time and $$ into my 2000 maristar. I have a theology degree not a mechanical degree. A serious question....do most of you guys need to spend that much time ensuring your girl purrs and performs? Since we have the same boat MM, thanks for the info. BTW nice BMW. Put a lift suspension on there, a light hookup, take some photos and your traveling to the lake in style.
Yes, every new member needs to document just like MM has prior to getting the boat wet. It is a prerequisite.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Have you ever known someone with a classic car? Did you even notice how much time they spent with it? It's not that they necessarily have to, it's usually because they want to. British cars are an exception if they have Lucas Electrical systems.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
understand the labor of love thing but i get the impression 'there is always something in need of repair on these Mastercrafts." Updates, OCD behavior, i get.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Thumbs up

Quote:
i just spent a couple of hours reading this thread and while the detail and coverage is unlike anything i have come across in my short time here on TT, as a new Mastercraft owner i am beginning to wonder what i got myself into.

Haha! a couple of hours...That's Great reading.

For me, I have to know every system, how it functions, and if it's up to standard. The folks here were pretty patient with me. i was kinda overwhelmed because I needed to learn a lot in a short period of time so that I could use a little of the remaining Summer.

I did press the limit's of good will here, but would like to thank all the folks who helped me including Chicago190, TTu, Scott, John E, Coz, Dpollen, JimN,Funk,Flipper, BigMac,McFire, Dummy, Kell, D3skier, X-5 Driver, Cloaked, Frank Schwak, ROb, all the other poster's, and our local Celebrity TMC #1.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
understand the labor of love thing but i get the impression 'there is always something in need of repair on these Mastercrafts." Updates, OCD behavior, i get.
Boats need more maintenance than cars and it doesn't matter what brand or the type of drive.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:

I'm gonna have to go buy some weed to figure this out!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.