Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-5 Driver View Post
Wow, those are gorgeous.

My Girl tells me the same thing...Doh!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 MasterCraft X-5 310 HP
Ba doom, shhhhhhhh. Maristar-Man, ladies and gentleman. He'll be here all week. Check out the 10 O'Clock show, it gets a little racier.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell View Post
There are two vent openings in front of the windowshield, one on the drivers side and one on the observers seat, that vent to the front of the motor box and then exit out of the three vents that do not connect to anything .

U mean this thing that's been broken for who knows how long...

I'm fixing it today

thx for the valuble info!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDye View Post
yep it is a hot/cold shower. The hot comes from water circulating thru the block and the cold is fresh water (so what ever water temp is the is ur cold). Adjusting temp is just home controls. There is typically another pump that basically pulls the water off the above mention connections.
I didn't see the hot water info in the manual. Is there a fresh water tank or just thru the Raw Water pickup under the boat? I found the pump and it looks like it's connected to ACC 1. the wires they ran are hanging down all over the place and i have to tie em into the wiring harness.

looks like it was installed after boat was purchased?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago190 View Post
Yes, the impeller goes in that housing. It is the raw water pump.
thanks for the help. i bought an impeller from a MC Dealer here and they charged me $48.00 Then the guy say's to me, "Buying the boat was the cheap part...hahah"

I laughed it up too...lol
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
thanks for the help. i bought an impeller from a MC Dealer here and they charged me $48.00 Then the guy say's to me, "Buying the boat was the cheap part...hahah"

So you overlooked or ignored skidim.com?

$48 is highway robbery but the source is consistent. I would even suspect that your (now old) impeller wasn't damaged.

Unless these things are crumbled beyond use, they will function as required. I rarely have had to replace an impeller in the 30 years of fooling with these boats.

Out of curiosity, what made you think it needed replacing?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:17 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post

You won't pay dealer mark up if ya get your parts here http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1096 $32 is about the going rate for an impeller
Old 08-16-2009, 11:21 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago190 View Post
Thanks for the link! Do i get a discount if i mention your name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Most RV's have a 7 round terminal and need a 7-round to 5-flat adapter.
Mine has a 4 -plug round, about 3/4 in diameter. It made by Cole-Hersee. I'll contact them but your right i may have to have it rewired to get the REVERSE Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
I see you have a V-drive, but the raw water pickup should look like this on the bottom of the boat, very similar,
Attachment 50522
Thanks for all the info and a great site! Is that your engine or a Clean Room? Nice work. i'll search to see what your boat looks like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummy View Post
Tower is a nice plus. Don't worry 'bout the teak.
The raw-water pickup is under your trailer bunk.
Guide poles: There are 2 stainless bolts per side that hold 'em to the trailer mount underneath the fiberglass.
i'm going out to adjust em now. I found the Water pickup peeking out from under the bunk. I did notice rust color on the bunk...?

The Tower is an X Series Tower but the bimini top won't open all the way. i was hoping to use the material i have and find an inexpsensive way to install it?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post

No sir I'm going toSkidm, tonight to get a whole bunch of stuff. I did start the motor for about 5 seconds and heard wierd noise. Kindof a squeal somewhat high pitched. Plus the deferred maintenance. I'm going to peak in there today and see how the old impeller looks.

if it looks fine, I'm going to have the new impeller mounted, and my wife can wear her new ring...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:32 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post

$48 is highway robbery but the source is consistent. I would even suspect that your (now old) impeller wasn't damaged.

Unless these things are crumbled beyond use, they will function as required. I rarely have had to replace an impeller in the 30 years of fooling with these boats.

Indmar recommends pre-emptive replacement every two years or so. Even so, I agree with you and I haven't replaced mine in three years. Now, my situation is a little different in that my boat is never on the water more than about a 30 minute tow back to my dock, and everyone that EVER drives that boat (all four of us ) is highly tuned into watching the temp gauge.

I do disagree about being functional until "crumbled beyond use". I think you can tear a vane or two and the result will be some temp variation - which is a very important warning sign - and far better than intentionally waiting for a big-time overheat. If my boat EVER varies by more than +/- 5 degrees from 160, it means I either have a little weed ball in the transmission cooler or a bad impeller. Having said all of that, I replace impellers when there is an apparent need, not as a matter of maintenance. If it were easier to do on my V-drive, I might, since it's only $35, but it's not easy and I don't.