Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-18-2009, 12:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Most any hardware store has bins in the plumbing dept with all sizes of o-ring, just find one the fits the item of the proper diameter. I've bought spares for every o-ring I've run across on the boat,
Attachment 50597
Hey! that looks like my medicine jar... Where did you get that....Lolol I been going to the Mc Store so much that I fogot I can still buyu stuff at the, "Other" Places...

By the way, TMC, is there anything you don't know or don't have...?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosdad View Post
I was told by the dealer that the pin of the boat buddy is only for ramping then is to be pulled out. In other words dont trailer the boat with the pin through the eye.????
You sure the dealer didn't mean don't rely *only* on the bb pin while trailering? Everyone I've talked to keeps the pin engaged through the eye until they are ready to launch (in other words, they trailer the boat with the dual protection of the winch strap and the boat buddy). The only way the pin or bb could ever be damaged is if the boat starts to slide off the trailer, and if that happens, you'd gladly sacrifice the $125 boat buddy for the chance at protecting your boat.

As for rear straps, the majority of MC owners I've queried claim to use them if they travel on rough roads and/or long distances, but most MCs I peek at on the boat ramps don't have them. Either I'm seeing boats traveling short distances on smooth roads, or the owners know its a good idea to have the rear straps on but don't take the time to put them on.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbons View Post
Oh, yeah, if you were a pint low, you were probably below the orifices on the cylinder piston. That means you would have gotten air in the system. You will probably use the whole piston stroke compressing the bubbles, and your brakes aren't working. You need to bleed them (purge the bubbles out the drum/disc end), as a minumum.
Is there a way to check if brakes are working or if there is air in em?
Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
If you were a pint low a I would think about going through your brakes. If you have drums one or both of the cylinders could be leaking. If you have disc then the pads are probably worn. Either way I'd want to know where that fluid went.

Depending on how old the trailer is I'd probably recommend flushing the old brake fluid out and bleeding the brakes at the same time.

Trailers are the most over looked area of boating until your stuck on the side of the road.

you're right! I'll take some time and research how to check these things... i hope they are disk, I haven't even looked yet...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 AM
MC Devotee

Wink

I'll take a look. I'm confused. Whiile at the MC store, I saw oh! wait a second. I saw a 6 Round, but was there a pin in the middle as well? Thenif yes, that would be the 7.

I'm goin to etrailer to see if i can get the parts. Thanks for the link!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
Looks great dude! where by the pacific are you?..........I'm a SoCal native from OC, been away from the mother land for a little over 3 years now.
I'm actually up north in the Bay Area. I love it in OC. My sister lives in fountian Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Looking better every day!

You need to add some grease to the wheel bearings, til you see about 1/8"+ of the blue piston outside the Bearing Buddy housing. There is a grease fitting under the center cap of the piston.Attachment 50616
Oh, so the blue thingy moves as you install grease? i have to buy some and a grease gun. I was at napa but didn't see any blue grease or marine grease. Can i use the the same grease for all the fittings, like the steering?

Hammer--->Thanks fro the props...

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 08-18-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
I think you'll notice that the tower bolt is (almost) drilled through and attached to the plate that's glassed into place. The cleats have both - a plate glassed in, and the aluminum plate. Don't know why, unless people are using them to tow oil tankers. I saw that but didn't know if it was metal of fiberglass. so i guess it's ok...[/red]

Your fresh-air duct looks about like mine. Gotta find some way to protect that. I also used the real metal duct tape on the bottom and the inside. it's wuite stiff...lol no pun intended...

Is your fire extinguisher just inside the observer's seat back, where the fresh-air duct is? Mine was, and was quite a pain. Moved it to the bulkhead in front of the driver's feet; much better. I hope never to have to use it, but moving somewhere more accessible would be better...

I don't recognize the bolt. Good luck on figuring it out.Thanks

Check your seat base - on mine, the two in-deck threaded fasteners at the bottom front of the seat pulled out of the deck. What a pain to resolve. Make sure your screws are tight!I checking my seat base and my wife asked why i was grabbing my butt...I said Frank told me to do it!

/frank
Here is the obligatory 10 letter reply...
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Bolt is an upholstery stud that has worked it's way out from either the seat backs or the sidepanels.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1996, 285 HP
MariStar-Man,

If I was to try to start the engine on my boat, how would I go about that? Perhaps you and Coz can team up to supply large pictures of my dashboard with and without the key in the ignition?

Just kidding, glad you are enjoying your new boat.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X2, MCX
The bolt and nylon lock nut look like what is used to fasten the seat backs to the gunnel. Look up under the driverside arm rest or where the cup holders are and you will see nylon lock nuts all down the gunnel holding the side panel to the fiberglass. If you found the bolt in the engine area, I suspect it worked itself loose from the back seal panel.