Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1976 Blue and White S&S
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1277391213
did someone catch you taking pics?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Question to float or not to float...

Hello everyone,

Hope your all enjoying what summer we have remaining. Someone posted in the maristar thread that they wer using cement bags as ballast, and it got me thinking about a post i made awhile back where there was this little boat in the bathtub and the guy was demonstating how water in bags would keep the boat afloat and lead or other would sink it.

Does anyone have a link or know what I'm talking about? I wanted to share it but am unable to find it...

Doing a tune-up today on my 330hp LTR. Plugs, Oil, Filter, PCV(cleaned with Carb Cleaner), and was wondering what else I could tune.

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 08-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I don't have a link, but it's because water in a boat will be neutrally buoyant, where cement, lead, etc just goes to the bottom.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 w/Tower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bs6GMQri5k
Old 08-12-2012, 10:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Thumbs up almost sunk me craft

Thanks Md, that's the clip...

A testimate to the build quality of MasterCraft
It's funny because yesterday, we launched our, "Missy" normally and without any hoop-lah at our Lake Tulluch. I returned from parking the trailer and she was She was driving and talking on the cell phone. After picking me up with a slow roll to the tip of the dock, we changed positions and I was casually cruising in the 5 mph, and then about 10 min's later, I give her some gas to feel her shudder!

WTH??

So, I look and see the, "PLUG" sitting in the plastic soda tray. My wife's face dropped! I quickly opened the round bilge area to see it full of water. Opened the sundeck to see water being flown and flung from the pullies in the rear of the engine, the alternator fully imersed in lake water, and she's still running! I take a peek and see her listing in the water, about 1.5 feet deeper than she normally is. Panic set's in...lol And, i just steamed cleaned the carpets!!

Shut off engine in middle of lake and notice that we are in the middle of the lake without a padle so-to-speak... I press the manual pump switch.

Wife is visably upset, and I'm doing damage controll when a thousand questions start coming my way... Who is supposed to check? Why didn't you...? all while in the middle of the lake and rollers from other boats coming our way, when another MasterCraft came by and offered to help. We told them what happened and they said it's happened to them as well. They said they would stop by periodically to see if she would start back up.

We started drifting to shore when I peeked over and saw the rocky bottom below just feet away from the freshly tuned prop from OJ. STill with bilge 1/2 full of water she started right up and brought us to a nearby dock where we pumped out the rest of the water.

Fortunatly, again our MasterCraft has saved us from our own demise. After drying the engine electrical system, she started right up and performed flawlessly the entire day.

Very proud of the engineering and forethought that goes into these boats, and am happy to own a piece of Boat-amotive excellence...
Old 08-12-2012, 10:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Glad to hear it worked out OK. There are those who have and those that will! I always leave the bilge cover off with the plug in the same place. This way when I forget someone will say how come the cover is off. If it were an I/O you would of had to jump in to put the plug in.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '01 X-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
The bump at Lake Tulloch
What is "the bump?"
Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft Prostar205v
Hey MM! Just read your thread and was very impressed on how you jumped right into boating the way u did and also how this forum has helped you out, tremendousely!!! Question....did u ever learn or tried to wakeboard??? After all u have been through and all u have done glad to see u still have "MiSsY" do u have pics of New Melones and the other lakes. I'm in central ca. and been wanting to check out these lakes. From the other side of the bay.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
I too am glad to have this thread to read. This is my first post on TT. We bought a 1998 Maristar 200 VRS a few months ago and have been enjoying the summer in it. I read Maristar Man's thread cover to cover and thoroughly enjoyed it. The pictures are wonderful. Now I am known for being tidy, but MM took it to a whole new level. He inspired me to polish my rudder, prop, and even the jack! Thanks to all who have posted here; it has been very helpful to get to know our new (to us) boat. I agree that the build quality is truly exceptional. I hope to post some pictures soon.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Maristar LT-1
I too just bought a 1998 Marastar 225 and have read this thread "cover to cover", it did however take a couple three days. Great information and web sites listed for the hard to find parts. If I have problems with my Marastar, I know who to ask. He's pretty much been all through his.
Bill