Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-12-2011, 06:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
I just wanted to say thank you. Over the past week, I have read over your thread on the how-to's of my boat. Your thread has been very helpful in getting ready for the water. It also helps me when I am trying to figure out what something is.

By the way, do you know what the two black plastic pieces are that are in the ends of the raw water pick-up pump are for? Mine are pretty bad and kind of molded in and I was wondering if I should replace them or can I just take them out?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
I just wanted to say thank you. Over the past week, I have read over your thread on the how-to's of my boat. Your thread has been very helpful in getting ready for the water. It also helps me when I am trying to figure out what something is.

By the way, do you know what the two black plastic pieces are that are in the ends of the raw water pick-up pump are for? Mine are pretty bad and kind of molded in and I was wondering if I should replace them or can I just take them out?

Thanks.
I hope that it's not debris stuck inside the Raw water Pick up. Where exactly are you talking about? Do you have any pics?

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 07-12-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
MC Fanatic

I was told it was called the raw water pick-up, there is a hose that goes from the grate under the boat to the back of the boat, it is a hose that if you take it off you can fabricate (from your pics i made one at lowes, the guy thought i was crazy) a hose connection to run the engine. where the hose hook up there are two plastic pieces that screw into it. The actual hose goes over the metal sleeve and the plastic is inside it.
if you look at the pic i attached from your thread, it is where your hose is connected. hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
MC Devotee

Glad you got that Raw Water thing sorted out...

Have been on Lake Tulloch for the last 2 week's, and found that there were many MC's there. I saw 3 X-Stars, 2 X-10's, 1 Prostar, 1 X-30 and 3 Stars and Stripes, 1 Silver, 1 Blue, and the other Grey.

Was anyone here on the Lake?

Also, if anyone had seen us, we were anchored next to the most expensive house on the Lake that is for sale. It was a 4100 sq. ft. , 24 acres, Secluded and private mansion situated next to the water and with about 200' of frontage, the 3 boat dock, and the best spot for catching Bass! Price at a paudry 3.2 mil we found it, overpriced by about 1.3 mil
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 AM
MC Fanatic

um, is it a movie star neiborhhood? i can barley afford rent where i live and my house in San Antonio!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
TT Regular

did you ever buy the RV? Still considering a new boat?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:19 PM
MartinV

Can anyone tell me where the fuel vent line from the tank exits the boat on a 1998 Maristar225 sport? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
MC Devotee

Lightbulb Sticky Steering Issue

I put so much grease into there Steering cable that it stop turning about 3 full turns short of Full Right?

After changing the oil and filter, and not spilling any, I felt pretty good that all was going as planed.

Then, just before I put her away, I grab the rudder and although turning smoothly and easily, it stops short of Full right. So, i go into the boat and grab the stering wheel and same thing.

I'm thinking that maybe the oil tube which I secured next to the steering cable was binding. Open Sun-Deck and Oil tube is fine, but I see grease coming out of the back of the aluminum steering cable. Hmmm

So I unscrew steering fitting, set down a paper towel and turn wheel. Miraculously, It turns full right. I go back into engine compartment and theres about 6 squeezes of grease on the towel.

Re-tighten aluminum fitting and test and all is well. Steeriing turns with one finger.

Lesson learned...lol
Old 08-01-2011, 07:53 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post

Lesson learned...lol
Most importantly, lesson shared. Which is what this place is all about.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
MC Devotee

I'm looking for a new project

For my winter project, i was thinking I would like to find some hard tanks and plum' them into the rear side lockers and front, and then to individual pumps wired into the dash, similar to an x-series MC.

I would really like to check out an X-10 so i can make it as MC would have done.

Does anyone know who manufactures the hard tanks in our MC's?

Lastly, Since the hull is the same between the Maristar V-210 and the X-10, does the x-10 still have the same weight rating or would it be #1620lbs. minus the added water weight?