Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Thumbs up Change is Inevitable and it can be a Good Thing...!

No matter where we are or what we enjoy, Change will occur whether we like it or not...

I have heard many people say, "This Board isn't like it used to be..." Unfortunately, it is said in a negative connotation.

This board is an empty shell unless we are here. We can either make it the best board around or the worst, especially if we keep complaining and NOT make any furtive actions to change it to what we would like.

We CAn make this board a special place where all Members can enjoy the company of those who love the, "Best Boat's Made in the World... MasterCraft!"

TMCNo1 was the Essence of what Boating is all about. Helping those who are in need, Offering assistance and Links to New Boater's who ask sometimes easy searchable Questions...

I feel we should all bury any animocity we have for some members here and try to be a board of Boaters.. A Board of MasterCraft Owners who are close and tight and who stand strong in the face of Adversity...

MasterCraft Vision Statement

Company Mission

To deliver consumers the ultimate water sports experience by designing and building the world's highest quality, best performing sports luxury boats in every significant inboard niche.

Core Values

Passion - Do what we care about; care about what we do.
Quality - Design and build each boat like it is your family's boat.
Integrity - Always do the right thing.
Quality of Life - We're building lives here, not just boats. Use the resources of the MasterCraft community to help us all lead better lives.
Education - Be a life long learner.
Partnership-Minded - We're all interdependent: The Factory, Dealers, Vendors, Suppliers and the Community.
Resilience - It's not about what happens to us in life, it's about what we do with what happens to us.
Outstanding Character - Balance our lives. Learn from our failures. Leave our world better than we found it.

Vision Statement

MasterCraft Boat Company will be the world's leading luxury performance inboard sport boat designer and builder in quality, unit and dollar volume. Consumers will rate the MasterCraft dealer experience in the top two of J.D. Powers. The company will reduce its dependency on wholesale push and be driven by retail demand. We will greatly improve the speed of our supply chain to respond to this retail demand through the aggressive application of lean and Six Sigma thinking, IT initiatives and tools in every area of our business. Our employees will be passionate about our products, self-directed and empowered to make improvements to satisfy and make the customer a success. All of our employees will see our company as a very safe, friendly, fair, open and accountable work culture that seeks and achieves high performance in everything we do.

Held To A Higher Standard

For over a decade the MasterCraft mantra was "The Leader And Pulling Farther Ahead". For years the company grew and expanded its world headquarters and its product line in an effort to increase its reach and dominate the market. MasterCraft has done it so well for so long that being the market share leader has lost its luster. It has become less of a challenge.

MasterCraft President and CEO, John Dorton, breathed new life into the company a few years ago with a renewed commitment to quality and a new challenge. To be the leader in construction, styling and performance; to be "Held To A Higher Standard."

Every day MasterCraft will strive to deliver consumers the ultimate water sports experience by designing and building the world's highest quality, best performing sports luxury boats in every significant inboard niche. That's our Mission.

So what makes a boat a MasterCraft? In a word...Standards.

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 07-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
I commend you for trying to save the sinking ship.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Skipper

You never cease to amaze me.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
MC Devotee

Red face Is that your middle finger, or Big Toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
You never cease to amaze me.
hehe, You must amaze pretty easily then...

On a side note, while at Lake Del Valle in Livermore Ca. we were swimming and lifting ourselves from the water using the swim platform. I grabbed the second rung of teak, and in one motion i usually lift, turn and sit on the platform. Unfortunately, for 3 of my fingers, and especially my middle one, While performing this spectacular maneuver, I sat on them and had them stuck between the rungs as I landed my butt on the teak. I thought I broke em'. Now my middle finger looks like my Big Toe...HaHa

So, you can all have a laugh on me, while I ponder if this could have possibly ever happened to anyone else...
Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
what...no photo of your middle finger?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
(((PB stands up in the back of the room applauding)))
Old 07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
Can you ski and board on Lake Del Valle or is it only for cruising around? I'm up in Pleasant Hill we went to San Pablo Damn yesterday but it's only for cruising around they don't allow water sports.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
Can you ski and board on Lake Del Valle or is it only for cruising around? I'm up in Pleasant Hill we went to San Pablo Damn yesterday but it's only for cruising around they don't allow water sports.
Lake Del Valle has a 10 mph speed limit, no jet ski's, no tubing or water sports. I go to get out since it's only 20 minutes from my house. It's nice to cruise around sometimes, have a picnic and just take in some nature.

There are some 2 hour lakes I go to such as Lake Hogan off of the 26. or Tulloch/New Mellones off of Hgwy 4, Commanche, Whiskey town, Blue Lake or clear lake.

Never went to San Pablo, but I assume they have the banding system that Del Valle has to stop the Cuaga Muscle from spreading...
Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Here is a thread where I added wheels to my trailer. Pretty heavy duty. Here is the link where I found them as well.....

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ht=skid+wheels

http://www.dhmtrailers.com/online/home.php?cat=162

When my tire fell off (completely another story), the skid wheels kept the trailer tracking forward and in a straight line until I stopped. Definitely strong!
Attached Images

1994 205, LT1

Last edited by Ski-me; 07-12-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
MC Devotee

Exclamation

Those wheels look very substantial! Did you have the brackets painted or did you do it yourself? they look like they were part of the original trailer...

I also wanted to acknowledge that this Reply is #1000

Speech... Speech...Well, I'd Like to thank...

Haha, A lilttle fun...

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 07-13-2010 at 11:49 AM.